Iris Sees Brian!

Highmeadow Lane

Middletown, Connecticut

Iris: *sighs forlornly, while looking at a group photo of us in our Halloween costumes from 2021, including the late Brian Sharpe* Oh, Brian. I wish you were still here.

Brian: *appears as a specter* Iris!

Iris: *shrieks* Brian?!!!

Brian: Don't be scared, Iris! I'm here to see you as a spirit!

Iris: I can't believe this!!! Seeing you as a ghost! I..... I miss you so much, Brian!

Brian: *floats and sits down next to Iris* I miss you too, Iris. We had so many memories together. Remember, how we always walked on Butternut St, and had random conversations?

Iris: Boy, do I!

Brian: I been watching you! It seems like you made a new friend to replace me!

Iris: Yes, his name is Rocco! He's a cool dude!

Brian: I can see that!

Iris: Life just isn't the same without you. Ever since you died in that awful hit and run accident, I been in so much stress. I could hardly sleep at night. I cried like almost everyday. There was like an empty spot.

Brian: I'm sorry, Iris.

Iris: Its not your fault, Brian. I just wish you lived to see 2023. If I could, I would go back in time and stop that driver from taking your life.

Brian: You would have took the bullet for me?

Iris: I would have.

Brian: That's so sweet. But, don't waste your life for me. Keep living your life to the fullest. I must go now.

Iris: *voice cracking* Good bye, Brian.

Brian: Don't be sad, Iris. I'll still be with you in spirit. I'll be smiling down on you. I love you.

Iris: *tears streaming down her face* I love you too, Brian.

Brian: *fades away*

Iris: *wipes her tears away and eats some Cheetos, and watches a funny video on YouTube to cheer her up, and laughs sadly*

This story was written on Tuesday, April 11th, 2023.

A/N This was probably the saddest story I wrote of 2023 so far! Brian was a character that I created in 2021, and he died in one of my 2022 short stories! I got emotional when I wrote this story. 😭 I felt Iris's pain when she was lamenting over Brian. Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.