1

It was February, and the spring was cold, and the humid and cold air penetrated into the ground, which was even more biting. A few jailers warmed up some wine, sipped small sips, warmed their bodies, and did not dare to drink too much. The guards in this prison are all criminals, and they dare not be sloppy in major matters.

Warm the wine into the throat, there must be something to accompany the wine to feel the taste, so the chatterbox is opened. From the cost of food and clothing at home to the prisoners in the prison, I chatted with each other one by one, and I don't know who talked about the rumors outside recently.

"Have you heard? The natural disasters were abnormal two days ago. Mount Tai shook and roared like thunder. Some people said it was a punishment from God."

This matter caused a stir in Beijing, the shaking of Mount Tai was a sign of the fate of the country, and the new emperor was neither a direct descendant nor an elder, and his mother was originally a court lady with no influence, but in the end it was he who was crowned the great treasure. It has been less than a year since he ascended the throne, and the throne has not yet been firmly established, and such astronomical phenomena appear, I am afraid that the heavens are dissatisfied.

"It's not a nonsense thing to talk about. If you spread it carefully, it will be a matter of losing your head." One person said cautiously in a low voice.

"Did the emperor go to pray for blessings?"

This is a custom. Whenever there is a change in the sky, the emperor will go to the altar to pray to heaven to show his sincerity.

"Why not, I just returned to court yesterday. It's just that the big movement is gone, and there are still some aftershocks, which made people panic outside."

"Then why did the emperor return to court?"

"Because the national teacher has made a fortune, to solve this problem, we need—" the man lowered his voice, and the others quickly moved their heads to hear him say in secret, "This is so absurd. Prime Minister Zuo and General Yan are needed..."

Before he could finish speaking, the gatekeeper outside suddenly ran in and announced: "Mr. Zuo is here."

The faces of the few people tightened, and they quickly stopped the topic, quickly hid the jug, and looked at the dark entrance with trepidation.

The guard opened the door, a little light fell on the ground, a pair of white boots stepped on the light and walked in, into the darkness.

The sound of footsteps was neither light nor heavy, but it made everyone present nervous for no reason, for fear that the loudness of their panting would startle the famous man in front of the palace.

Left Prime Minister Zhao Yelan, no one knows his origin, when the world discovers his existence, the battle for the throne has reached a fierce stage, the several princes each show their magical powers, but Zhao Yelan hides behind the third prince, helping him fight against the former prince and the prince. For the other princes, the details of the bloodbath during this period can no longer be studied, but the throne that does not conform to the destiny has always been stained with blood. After thinking about it, I also know how many dirty things this one has done behind the scenes.

After the new emperor came to the throne, he made no secret of his favor and trust, promoted him to a noble position, and rewarded him with countless gold, silver and jewels. He is already the most popular figure in the dynasty.

It should be said that most of the common people just heard about Zhao Yelan's notoriety and cursed him in private, and they didn't have a chance to see his true face, but the guards in the edict prison were almost old acquaintances of him.