4

The General's Mansion is not called the General's Mansion, but the Dingguo Mansion, which was a house given by Yan Mingting's father when he was alive. However, because the family has produced two famous generals, the common people are more accustomed to calling it the General's Mansion.

The master has fought on the battlefield all year round, and there are almost no people living there. Usually there are only some rough-sweeping servants and an old housekeeper.

Butler Tan has worked in the general's mansion since he was a child. Perhaps he is getting old. He watched the little master follow the old general to fight the enemy since he was a child. Before he could enjoy a day's blessing, he was rumored to be a evil star by the people. Now he is twenty-seven, other men at this age are already surrounded by children, and his general is still alone.

As soon as the imperial decree of the marriage was delivered to the mansion in the past two days, he was overjoyed at first, and then fainted from fright when he heard that he was going to marry Zhao Yelan.

I don't know what the general was thinking, but after getting the news, he actually sent a letter to him, asking him to take charge of the affairs of the mansion and wait for his return.

No matter what the masters are thinking, he has to do his job well, and hastily ordered people to renovate the mansion. It is really troublesome to tidy up this place that has not been inhabited for a long time.

When the people told him that Zhao Yelan was coming, he almost didn't react and fell off the ladder. He patted his trouser legs, trotted to the main hall, and saw the powerful official who was rumored to be doing all kinds of evil, with black hair and snow skin, and a loose posture, he looked like a heinous villain, obviously a fairy who had gone to the wrong place, right?

"Master Zhao?" Butler Tan looked at him in astonishment, "You came to visit late at night, what are you talking about?"

Zhao Yelan frowned and looked around at him, butler Tan lowered his head following his gaze, and found that his clothes were stained with dust, so he patted them hurriedly.

"Stop taking pictures." Zhao Yelan raised his hand and waved, stepped back a few steps, and looked around at a distance from him, "Where's Yan Mingting?"

"Master Zhao is here to look for the general?" Butler Tan asked in surprise, and then said aloud, "My lord, this is not in compliance with the rules."

"What rules?"

"Before worshiping, newcomers cannot meet."

"Are you telling me the rules?" Zhao Yelan narrowed his eyes slightly, and when he saw him trembling, he turned his eyes indifferently, "You are taking care of the affairs of the general's mansion?"

"Yes." Butler Tan nodded honestly, "But don't worry, my lord, when you pass through the door, the account books will be handed over to you."

"I'm not interested." Zhao Yelan gave Xiao Gao a wink.

Xiao Gao immediately took out a stack of pamphlets and handed them to Butler Tan, "These are the daily necessities of our adults, please prepare them. In case there are some things that adults don't need in the dowry, which will cause waste, tomorrow We will send over the required dowry list, and then you can prepare according to the above, and save your effort."

Butler Tan held the thick booklet, opened it tremblingly and glanced twice, as if Grandma Liu had entered the Grand View Garden, and said in astonishment: "This, these...are they just for daily expenses?"

"Naturally." Xiao Gao said with a smile, "The dowry should not be neglected."

"It's a big deal, and a villain can't be the master." Butler Tan cried with an old face, "This is not a small amount. The general means that everything should be kept simple, just follow a formality. After all, the general's mansion is not so rich..."