72

Yan Mingting has never fought such a failed battle!

It was already late at night, and the surroundings were completely silent, but Yan Mingting did not feel sleepy. He sat and pondered for a long time, but did not get an answer.

The people around him were already fast asleep, and it was hard work to drive for the past few days. Yan Mingting listened to his even breathing and stroked the other person's cheek in the dark. The place is scorching hot again, obviously there is still energy that can't be used up, so what's going on?

The general was so worried, he couldn't fall asleep all night, he was so worried that the rooster crowed, and then he got up lightly and went to court, so worried that he frowned in the court hall.

Seeing him like this, the civil and military officials and the emperor took turns to praise him for his performance in Jiangnan, but the results still did not improve. Everyone took it for granted that he was worried about the country and the people. Even after the disaster passed, the general was still so worried about the country and the people. Woolen cloth!

After the dynasty was over, Yan Mingting was surrounded by officials, scrambling to ask about Jiangnan's affairs. He dealt with them one by one, and finally only Kan Chuan was left standing by.

"Is the general in danger during this trip?" Kan Chuan asked meaningfully.

Yan Mingting knew that he was inquiring about Zhao Yelan, and said: "The sun is so hot, I got a heatstroke, and after it rained, I got a cold again. It's all right now, thank you Lord Kan for your concern."

Kan Chuan nodded, but noticed that Yan Mingting was sizing him up intentionally or unintentionally, so he asked, "What do you want to ask, General?"

Yan Mingting looked away abruptly, coughed in embarrassment, and after organizing his words for a long time, he finally choked out a sentence: "Dare to ask you and your wife... Forget it, it's okay, I heard that you have a daughter, congratulations. I can't keep up with the child It’s a pity that this is the little golden lock brought back from the south of the Yangtze River, and it happens to be for Xiaowa.”

Yan Mingting took out a small golden lock from his bosom, shaped like a little tiger, and this year is the Year of the Tiger.

"Thank you, General." Kan Chuan took it with a smile. He had no friendship with Yan Mingting, so he naturally knew that it was a gift from Zhao Yelan. He solemnly put it in his arms and cupped his hands. Your Excellency, after you have rested, I will definitely visit with my wife and daughter."

"Okay." Yan Mingting walked to the gate of the palace, parted ways with him, and couldn't help but look back at his frail back.

Tsk, Kan Chuan, who is so gentle, has children, and what's the use of his muscles? ah? !

Thinking of this, Yan Mingting once again fell into deep melancholy. He returned to the General's Mansion in a daze, and learned that Zhao Yelan had already gone to the Imperial Academy.

When the people in the Imperial Academy saw Zhao Yelan, they had different expressions. Although they maintained their original sense of distance, they glanced at him from time to time and hesitated to speak, but no one dared to speak to him.

Until Ruan Xian came in and broke the deadlock, he quickly walked up to Zhao Yelan, overjoyed and said, "You've come back, how is it? Did nothing happen during this trip to the south of the Yangtze River?"

"It's okay." Zhao Yelan said.

"You worry us to death! You don't know. We heard that there was a drought, and we were all in a hurry. We are trying to alleviate the disaster every day. But luckily, you came back safe and sound, and saved so many people. People." Ruan Xian said happily.