25

The business of Huichun Building is as good as ever, and the lobby is full of people and guests.

The private room on the second floor was very quiet.

When they were on the road just now, Zhao Yelan didn't say another word, came to the restaurant silently, sat down to eat in silence, but this silent posture made people suspect that they had guessed right!

Everyone looked at Yan Mingting cautiously, and then looked up at the top of his head. They always felt that there was a colorful hat missing from the general's forehead.

Yan Mingting was even more frustrated, he kept picking up the dishes on the plate, but he didn't pick them up for a long time.

"Can you still have a good meal?" Zhao Yelan asked coldly.

Yan Mingting took a deep breath, just lifted the chopsticks, and then sighed listlessly.

Zhao Yelan kicked him on the calf, and said impatiently: "Okay, there's no end to it, he's just the one I fancy..."

"Fancy?!"

"piece."

"Oh..." Yan Mingting ate his food wearily, "What do you like about him?"

Zhao Yelan glanced at him a few times: "It seems that he has a big appetite and eats quickly."

"Joke, who can have a bigger appetite and eat faster than me?" Yan Mingting picked up the bowl and chopsticks and started to eat.

All the subordinates were dumbfounded, they didn't expect the general to be so easy to coax. Several people buried their heads in eating, as long as they pretended not to see, the general was still the most upstanding man in their hearts!

At the end of the meal, only Zhao Yelan was still eating slowly, so Yan Mingting asked them to go back first, and stayed and waited quietly.

Zhao Yelan put down his chopsticks, wiped the corners of his mouth, got up and left, and walked in a certain direction.

After Yan Mingting paid the bill, he seemed to know where he was going, and he caught up with him within a few steps.

After a while, the two returned to Bao Lun's house again. I brought my subordinates just now, just to facilitate the search for clues, and it is inconvenient for them to participate in details. Even if Yan Mingting trusted them, the fewer people who knew about it, the better.

It's very strange that he has been unwilling to reveal more about his subordinates for many years, yet he chooses to trust Zhao Yelan unconditionally, which is simply incredible.

He looked at Zhao Yelan who was standing by the window with his head lowered in thought, and asked in a low voice, "Did you see something?"

Zhao Yelan bowed his head, sniffed at the window sill for a while, and said, "This smell...is a bit stinky."

"Can it not stink? The wood is almost rotten." Yan Mingting said.

"It's not a rotten smell, but... a smell of herbs." Zhao Yelan said.

"Herbal medicine? Maybe he drank medicine all year round, and then poured out the dregs from the window?"

Zhao Yelan nodded: "That's right. If you drink medicine all the year round, you're either in poor health, sick, or poisoned. Go check the nearby doctors to see if there is any doctor who has treated him."

"Okay, I'll send someone to do it."

The two turned around again, but couldn't find anything else for the time being, so they left the place.