66

The team traveled at night and rested during the day. After walking like this for three days, the dry food and water were almost exhausted. The people and horses had been busy running around during this time.

Zhao Yelan looked at the map and said, "We're going to Pi County soon, there will be someone there to pick us up, everyone cheer up."

"When you return to the capital, the imperial court will definitely reward you very much." Yan Mingting encouraged the morale.

Everyone looked at the endless road exhaustedly, and Yin Pinglu held on to the rein with his last breath. Zhao Yelan didn't give up too much. The whole team, even the two of them with the worst physical fitness, had reached their limit.

Yan Mingting looked down and saw that he was drowsy. He obviously only slept for a while when he was resting. He said worriedly: "Mengting, let's talk."

"What?" Zhao Yelan said weakly.

"Tell me about your childhood, I want to know what you were like when you were young?" Yan Mingting asked.

"When I was young?" Zhao Yelan looked up at the sun that was about to set in the distance. At dusk, the sun was like a salted egg yolk, reminding him of the scene when he was a child sitting in the yard watching the sunset.

"My father usually likes to recite poems and compose Fu, and he likes to read about the infinite beauty of the setting sun, but it's near dusk. My mother said, the infinite beauty of the setting sun, gruel with egg yolks, let's eat salted egg yolks tonight."

Yan Mingting couldn't help laughing: "Then do you like salted egg yolk?"

"I don't like it." Zhao Yelan twitched the corners of his mouth, "So I have to recite a theory and ten poems in exchange for the same food."

"What food did you end up switching to?"

"...Salted duck eggs."

Yan Mingting laughed out loud: "Isn't that not changed?"

"No way, there are only salted duck eggs left at home. I eat egg whites, they eat egg yolks, and they joke that I can't eat good food."

"You'll be eating a lot of good food now."

"Yes." Zhao Yelan looked far away, "I want to taste all the delicious things in the world, and wear all the beautiful clothes."

Yan Mingting nodded.

"What about you?" Zhao Yelan almost lost the strength to speak, and just wanted to hear him continue.

"Me, I was a bit naughty when I was young, and I often ran out of the capital secretly. My mother couldn't control me, so she threw me into the military camp in a fit of anger. Then I regretted it. The capital is so nice. What should I do to go to the frontier to suffer? What? I cry and make trouble, but my father just doesn't care."

Zhao Yelan thought that he was born with family and country feelings. Hearing this, a smile appeared in his eyes. It turned out that when he was a child, he didn't know what life and death were, and the righteousness of the world.

"Why are you crying?" Zhao Yelan asked curiously.

"Just play and roll, sometimes my father will call his subordinates to come to the big tent to watch how I jump up and down, it's so embarrassing." Yan Mingting sighed.

Zhao Yelan smiled slightly: "Then why did you give up and run away?"

"Because I couldn't escape at all, I just practiced hard with them, and I hope that one day I can defeat my father and all of them with my own hands, and then I can return to the capital proudly." Yan Mingting said.