6

The storeroom of the General's Mansion was in vain. The General's Mansion, which sounded famous, actually had very little property. Almost all the rewards and salaries were used to purchase weapons and reward soldiers.

This room was cleaned again, and then Yan Mingting stuffed it with weapons brought back from the frontier.

The servants were afraid that the sword would have no eyes and hurt the new master. While protecting him carefully, they could only obey his orders, and opened all the gift money and boxes received today for him to check.

As soon as Yan Mingting walked to the door, he heard that cold and indifferent voice floating out: "The left servant of the household department has a hundred taels of silver, ten pieces of silk and satin, and a sword. It is barely reasonable... Where is the silk and satin?"

Yan Mingting pushed open the door, and saw a servant opening a new box, which contained the received silk and satin. Zhao Yelan leaned over to pick up one, rubbing the fabric with his fingertips.

"General." The servant called out.

Yan Mingting nodded, his eyes still stayed on the red figure from the back, but the other party didn't turn around for a long time, and even took the trouble to choose from the box.

"Cough." Yan Mingting deliberately coughed twice to signal his existence.

Only then did Zhao Yelan glance back reluctantly, then stopped abruptly, turned his head to look at the person standing at the door again, and opened his pupils slightly: "Who are you?"

"He's the general." Butler Tan replied, wiped off his cold sweat, and quickly gave the maids a wink to coax him into the new house. In the middle of the night, the newlyweds gathered in the warehouse to count the gift money.

Surrounded by Zhao Yelan, he walked to the door and glanced at Yan Mingting suspiciously. Yan Mingting wore the same happy clothes, but Yan Mingting wore a sense of wantonness. His body was like a longbow, strong and powerful, ready to go. Her hair was all coiled on top of her head, revealing a broad face, with sword eyebrows and starry eyes, and a straight nose. Although she was exposed to the wind and sun all year round, her skin was still fair.

Yan Mingting was satisfied to see the surprised expression on his face, and he was quite proud. He raised his chin slightly, and was about to speak, when Zhao Yelan returned to his calm appearance in an instant, and turned around and ordered: "These two pieces Take the silk and satin to the tailor shop tomorrow."

"Yes." Xiao Gao replied immediately, and took away the two pieces of silk and satin in full view.

Steward Tan and the servants all looked at the general, Yan Mingting nodded: "Give it to him, it's useless to leave it alone."

Zhao Yelan gave him a sideways glance, walked towards the new house, closed the door with a "bang", and blocked Yan Mingting and the people behind him from outside.

"General, I still want to drink Hebei wine." The servant girl whispered.

"It's okay, you all go back first, you don't need to wait on me anymore." Yan Mingting waved his hand, and only after everyone had left, he entered the room as if nothing had happened.

The two glasses on the table were empty, Yan Mingting glanced at the person sitting by the bed, walked to the table on his own, raised his head to drink a few sips, and said cheerfully: "The wine is good wine."

Zhao Yelan stared at him gloomyly, without moving a muscle.

"It's getting late, let's rest." Yan Mingting put down the jug, came to the bed, and stretched out his hand to untie his belt.