61

It was a day and a half away from Zhizhou to Huaizhou. After sitting in the carriage for half a day, Zhao Yelan lifted the curtain in a moody mood, and saw that there were few people outside, surrounded by farmland, and some people were sitting on the ridges, looking up at the sun.

Zhao Yelan also looked up, and then his eyes were dazzled by the scorching light, and he hurried back in the car, fanning his fan quickly: "It's too hot here, is there still ice?"

"It's already melted." Yan Mingting took his fan and fanned it more vigorously, "Be patient, we will soon be in the forest, and it will be cooler under the shade of trees."

Compared to the heat, Zhao Yelan was more afraid of the cold. He turned his head and looked at the sweat on Yan Mingting's face. As expected, it was about to drip, so he moved the fan a little towards him, and said, "Fan yourself."

"how about you?"

Zhao Yelan simply took off his coat.

Yan Mingting's eyes flickered, and he took off his coat in a similar manner.

"My lord, there is still an hour before the post station. This is a town, why don't we stop and find something to eat first?" Xiao Gao opened the curtain, saw the two people undressing, blushed, and immediately backed out.

"Go and buy something, we won't go down anymore." Zhao Yelan ordered, "If you have fans, buy a few more."

"it is good."

After a stick of incense, Xiao Gao came back, handed over the things in his hand, and said awkwardly: "I only bought these."

Zhao Yelan took a look, there were a few steamed buns, and a piece of Yunpian Cake: "It's gone?"

"Well, many inns are closed." Xiao Gao said again, "I went to fetch water, but those people didn't fill us with water anymore, the water in the water bag might not be enough."

Zhao Yelan looked at Yan Mingting subconsciously, both of them put on their coats in unison, their expressions were a little heavy.

Yan Mingting jumped out of the carriage first, Xiao Gao was about to get the horse stool for Zhao Yelan, but found that the lord had already been carried down by Yan Mingting, he opened his mouth slightly, then put down the horse stool, and followed silently.

There were only a few scattered shops on the street that were still open. After finally finding one that sold food, Zhao Yelan asked, "Shopkeeper, can you fill us with some water? We have to hurry."

"Water? It's not that I don't give it to you. We all need water now. Do you want these biscuits?" the shopkeeper asked.

Zhao Yelan looked back at the street, there were few pedestrians, and waves of heat could still be seen in the air.

Zhao Yelan first bought some cooking cakes, and then asked, "Where did everyone in the town go?"

"I went to fetch water." The shopkeeper pointed to a small hill in the distance, "There used to be a mountain spring there, but now the big guys went to fetch water, and our family also went, so I left me alone to look after the shop. After selling this last bit, I'm going to rush over."

"Is there a shortage of water here?" Zhao Yelan asked.

"Yes, it has been drought for almost two months, and the crops are almost done." The shopkeeper said helplessly.

The carriage started again, Zhao Yelan's face was not very good, he kept watching the movement outside, and when he passed the mountain, he saw the spring.

People are crowded, everyone is carrying wooden barrels in their hands, even the children are holding basins or ladles in their hands, scrambling to catch the spring water, but there is not enough water, and the people behind are impatient, so they start to go. Looting, and soon there was a commotion, and a fight was about to start.