Chapter 12

"You would be a good librarian." Jennie blurts out unthinking as her eyes fall to Lisa's painted toes, her eyes widened mortified when she realized what just slipped past her lips.

Fucking curse of no filter!

"What?" Lisa smirks turning in her chair as she looks at Jennie with a furrow to her brow. "A librarian?" Lisa questions tilting her head in question while Jennie drops her gaze to her studies as if she never said a word but judging by the heat coming from her cheeks, she's giving herself away entirely, that and no one else is in the room.

"Must be the glasses." Jennie mutters with a shrug trying to bring an end to the conversation as quickly as possible.

"Thank you." Lisa says hesitantly while being slightly confused. "I think?" Lisa question with a frown while turning back in her seat to resume her typing skills only this time with an amused smile painting those pretty lips.

Not a moment later Jennie had grabbed her book and pulled it directly in front of her face blocking all view of Lisa entirely, in hope to stop distractions. However, like predicted of course it didn't fucking work and Jennie was lowering her book and focusing on the frown pulling at Lisa's lips as she repeatedly pulled a pen lid of the tip of her pen with her thumb before pushing it back in place. She was a fascinating creature and anyone who wasn't fascinated by her sure as hell had something wrong with them in Jennie's book.

"Miss Kim." Lisa say softly turning in her chair to face Jennie who was instantly startled at the sound of her name.

"Yeah?" Jennie says casually her eyes flickering back down to her book like that's where they had been the entire time.

"Is there a problem?" Lisa says amusingly as she licks the bottom of her lip.

"Problem?" Jennie frowns. "Why would there be a problem?"

"Well you've been in here for forty five minutes." Lisa explains." Considering you are supposed to be using this space to study, you have spent the better part of thirty five minutes looking at me." Lisa says smugly. Of course, she would fucking notice. Lawyers for you. "Is there something on your mind?" Lisa question and Jennie resist the urge to roll her eyes simply because she's been put on the spot and was caught ogling her boss, but other than the obvious, of course, she had something on her mind her boss look's like something sent from heaven and hell in the best of all sinful ways, while she wants to question her like a lawyer would a witness.

"If a zombie apocalypse just broke out, what would you do?"

That's Not the type of question she wanted to ask at all but she'll take it.

"What?" Lisa says dumbfounded before she breaks out into a quick laugh causing her eyes to crinkle while sitting forward in the chair.

"An apocalypse?" Jennie questions playing with the tip of her fingernail and ignoring Lisa's shock of such a stupid question. "If someone out there started zombie walking then started eating someone, what would you do?"

Jennie's further explanation did nothing to settle Lisa's amusement nor laughter, in fact, she only made it worse as Lisa stood from her chair looking through her glass door to her employee's before turning back to Jennie.

"Aren't you suppose to be studying?" Lisa finally settles on not wanting to answer such a ridiculous question as she settles her backside against her desk while crossing her arms over her chest.

"I am." Jennie confirms. "This is my own waym" It's a complete lie, Jennie knows it, Lisa sure as hell knows it, especially if her raised eyebrows and smirk on her face is anything to go bye, so why the hell Jennie said it, she's not sure but hey here they are sitting in Lisa's office waiting for Lisa's response to her actually stupid question.