Chapter 28

It was no secret that Lisa was the jealous one in their relationship. Well, to everyone accept Lisa of course as she thought it was a ridiculous accusation and denied it profoundly one night. Jennie, of course, followed her around the apartment with an annoying smirk after that. However, Lisa is currently seething and trying her absolute best not to assume or be jealous for that matter, and has been since the moment fell asleep drunkenly on the bed last night.

There are eleven digits written clearly on the back of Jennie's hand.

Jennie has someone's phone number on her hand.

Jennie had gotten someone's number.

Jennie has been flirting with someone else.

No matter how much Lisa tried to shut her brain off from all kinds of assumptions she just couldn't as her heart pounded quietly against her chest. Her attempt at waking Jennie failed quicker than it started as all Jennie did was turn around and mumble something inaudible before continuing the drunken snore that she gets every time she's had a drink.

For a minute Lisa sat on the edge of the bed looking at Jennie sleeping as her brain came up with everything a girlfriend didn't want to think off.

Lisa hardly slept a wink.

When it finally reached 8 AM, Lisa was already wide awake and had been for the last hour staring at her girlfriend and the damn number. She had thought about ringing it, but didn't want to seem like an insane girlfriend, she had thought about throwing water over Jennie's face to make darn sure her girlfriend would not be falling back to sleep anytime soon so she could listen to the interrogation that Lisa had planned out in her head before telling her self to breathe. At the rate of Lisa's pounding heart and the sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach, Lisa had even considered slapping her awake and demanding what the hell she has a number on her hand for, thankfully her anger took a quick u-turn as she rationalized with herself to stay calm because right now, she has no idea what that number is for.

Yet all Lisa has been imagining for the entirety of the night, is another body leaning in closer to her girlfriend, whispering silly things, touching not so innocently while flirting like crazy and then to top it off not wanting to end the night there, they exchanged numbers. Jennie is barely able to see when she's drunk never mind find her phone and add a contact, so this could make a lot of sense.

Anything can make sense to a jealous girlfriend when they are fearing the worst.

Not being able to stand thinking anymore, Lisa hastily climbs out of bed throwing the comforter of her with more aggression than intended as she pads to the bedroom door. She tells herself to remain calm and ask before assuming, she tells herself that this could all be nothing, she tells herself she's being silly, but it does absolutely nothing to tame the possibility of what if as the image of Jennie flirting with someone else makes her feel dizzy.

"Lili." The quiet mumble of her name has her heart pounding a little bit faster as she tells herself for the million time that she will handle this calmly and ask before assuming. "Where are you going?"

Lisa closes her eyes briefly as she bites down on every demand that's screaming to come out.

"Kitchen."

It's colder than she's ever said anything, she can hear it as well as feel it and so can Jennie as she sits up in bed with eyes barely open.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" Lisa repeats shaking her head as she turns on the spot. "What's wrong is I need to get out this room before I say something I shouldn't, because you have a number written on your hand, and I'm pretty sure you have a girlfriend." Lisa snaps.