Chapter 22

"Are you even listening to me?" Irene laughs snapping her fingers in front of Jennie.

"Obviously." Jennie quips rolling her eyes while her attention is already being drawn back to her boss standing at the bar. Truthfully, Jennie hasn't been listening at all, which now that she thinks about it, asking someone if they are listening to them is a really pointless question when they think they aren't because they wouldn't be listening to answer it, but Jennie's too distracted to care enough about pointing it out.

Jennie's mighty plan had crashed and burned shamefully.

Lisa was supposed to get drunk and become an embarrassment so Jennie could blackmail Lisa to stop teasing her about all her drunken slurs. Once again though, it looks like Lisa didn't get the message, she needs a new secretary or something because this is just not on. So far the most embarrassing thing Lisa had done is let a little bit of wine dribble down her lip, but all that did was make Jennie want to kiss her just a little bit harder as she laughed it off.

"So, is she your girlfriend now?" Irene questioned.

"You know she's not listening really, right?" Jisoo laughs.

"Yeah, but it was worth a shot."

"Why couldn't she like, I don't know, be like me?" Jennie frowns.

"Who Lisa?" Jisoo questions turning to face the source.

"No, that woman with the camel toe at the back." Jennie drawls sarcastically. "Yes, Lisa who else?"

"I don't know anyone that does drunk quite like you." Irene laughs turning to face Jisoo who seems to be scanning the room.

"There's a woman with camel toe?" Jisoo questions making Jennie smack her on the head and roll her eyes.

"Focus!" Jennie snaps taking a swig of her drink while her eyes trail back to her boss talking to a young man.

"Irene's right." Jisoo smirks. "Even the word embarrassment is not the right description for you."

"I'm not that bad." Jennie defends making both girls burst out laughing.

"Right, so what about that time you drank Vodka and declared you caught a Russian accent? Which was terrible by the way." Irene laughs.

It really was, Jennie can't even do accents.

"Or that time when you thought it would be funny to run down the street nude."

"Then there's that time you started talking to a sponge." Jisoo laughs. "You said it could be SpongeBob, so you put it in water so he could breathe again."

"Ok. I get it!" Jennie says shaking her head.

"It's simple maths really." Jisoo shrugs. "You're already an idiot, you just become a bigger one."

"Anyone ever told you that your both great friends?"

"Course, I tell myself three times a day in the mirror." Jisoo winks.

Jennie loses focus when Lisa eyes flicker over to her with a dopey drunken smile and a cute wave while the young lad she's talking to turns as well and Jennie suddenly wonders who he is as his eyes look her up and down. When Lisa headed towards the bar moments ago, Jennie suddenly felt like she could breathe again, she had been so wrapped up in the brunette's arms hanging on every slow word that left her lips, she's almost certain her pulse started beating at a dangerous level, while her underwear get wetter and wetter.

Lisa was a fucking adorable drunk.

"Dude, we lost her again." Irene says clicking her fingers once more in front of Jennie's face. "You need to say over and out or something."