Chapter 35

Jennie reluctantly opened her eyes with a head so heavy it felt like she's been whacked with a sledge hammer, possibly more than once but still she blinks the blur away until she's looking at Bert playing with Lego on the floor next to her.

"Am i dead?" It's the first thing she says as she wipes at her eyes while blinking slower because why is the first thing she's seeing is Bert? When Bert looks up with his dazzling dorky smile Jennie's head flops back with a loud groan, it's only then she realises she's got no pants on with nothing but a thin blanket covering her up.

"Dead people can't talk silly." Bert laughs forgetting all about his Lego as he shuffles forward on his knees till he's leaning against the couch Jennie's obviously been asleep on.

"Fair point." Jennie mumbles finally finding the energy to lean up on her elbows to look around, it takes less than five seconds to realise she's not in her own home but Rose's. "How did i get here?"

"I think you walked." He shrugs. "I was asleep when you got here."

"And the devil?"

" Mum's Shopping." Bert laughs. "She said you would watch me."

"Well that would help if i were awake." Jennie quips seeing Berts toothy smile. "Be straight with me, on a scale of 1- 10 how bad do i look?" Little eyes wonder Jennie's face as his eyes stare in away similar to his auntie. She already knows what's coming before he says it.

"Two." He answers with a grin.

"You're suppose to lie." Jennie mocks offence pushing him away from the couch.

"You told me to tell you the truth."

"Well i lied." She answers finally bringing herself in to a proper sitting position while keeping the blanket firmly around her waist which brings her back to her loss of pants situation. "You don't happen to have seen my trousers anywhere have you?" Jennie asks casually because it's a completely normal thing to just show up at your girlfriends sisters house who literally can't stand being in your company never mind showing up in the middle of the night drunk and somehow freeing herself of her trousers.

Bert quickly runs of behind the couch and in to the kitchen before he's returning with a even toothier grin than previously while clutching Jennie's navy Jeans.

"They were in the kitchen." He answers only causing her to frown further, what the heck they doing in there? Before she can ask anything more her phone's ringing out and she hasn't a clue where it is, she supposes it's only right considering she didn't know where her trousers were, but like the true hero Bert is he picks it up from the floor and hands it to a baffled Jennie.

"Hello." Jennie answers breathing a sigh of relief. "Please tell me you know why i'm on Rose's couch." She groans.

Lisa laughs down the phone and Jennie's not sure if she wants to laugh with her, or whine because what ever she did last night, Lisa's never letting her forget.

"Morning to you too." Lisa hums. "How's the head?"

"It's possible your sister hit me with a sledgehammer while i slept."

"I think that's a possibility even when you're awake." Lisa admits. "So what do you remember?"

"My head hurts. I look terrible and i may have lost my trousers Bert may have found them in the kitchen."

Lisa really laughs this time and Jennie can't help but picture her leaning against their kitchen counter enjoying every second.

"Why do i feel like you know what happened last night?"

"Because Rose rang me last night when you arrived." Lisa answers easily and Jennie knows Lisa's got a smug smile across those naughty lips.

"Oh god, what did i do?" Jennie whines burying her face in her hand.