(M) Reunion (Poe x y/n)

After spending two years in the UK, you're finally going back to America. Back to the man you fell in love with, back to Edgar. You were waiting at the arrival gate, getting clearance at the immigration checkpoint. You didn't tell Edgar about your return, you wanted to surprise him. You were excited is an understatement. 

After completing the formalities at the airport, you collected your luggage and headed towards the cab parking. Getting inside the cab, you gave the driver Edgar's address. You'll return to your apartment later after you give him the surprise. You looked out of the window enjoying the city view of New York City, returning to your home after two whole years made you nostalgic. You felt good, the sun shining brightly, and the wind hitting your skin was calming. After about an hour's drive, you reached the area Poe lived in. You needed to walk a little further to arrive at the mansion, unfortunately, the cab wasn't allowed there as it's his private property. Dragging your luggage by hand, you walked past the shallow brook flowing on your left side. The path was lined with maple trees that were adorned with brown and orange leaves. You inhaled deeply, enjoying the fresh smell of autumn. You missed this place. 

You were suddenly nervous. You left abruptly two years ago with unsaid feelings on your part. He was unsettled about something the day you left as well. All this came crashing down on you, and suddenly you turned around, feeling too embarrassed to just turn up at your previous employer's doorstep. Yes, you both got closer while you were working with him, but that wasn't enough to arrive at his doorstep unannounced, right? You took your feet towards the way you came through. A voice halted your steps, your breath hitched when you heard that voice. You'll recognize that voice anytime and anywhere. His deep voice spoke up again, "Wait...y/n is that really you?" His voice reflected his disbelief. He didn't expect to see you again if he was telling the truth. You slowly turned to face him, your hair a different style than the last time he waved you goodbye. Your fingers moved upwards, tucking a stray strand of your hair that fell over your face due to the breeze "Hey Edgar...yes it is indeed me. How have you been?...I-I missed you so-so I just-" Before you could finish the sentence, you were engulfed in strong arms that wrapped around you in a tight hug. 

You stood there frozen for a few seconds before wrapping your arms around his torso tightly, clutching onto his shirt for dear life. You inhaled in his unique scent, he smelt like tea, ink, and his cologne, and something else that made you addicted to him. You shifted your face towards his neck and buried it in the hollow. His arms instinctively tightened feeling your actions, and then pulled back reluctantly to look at you. He missed you, so so much, your face, your voice, your laughter, your silliness, everything. His eyes stared at you for a while, as if reassuring himself that you're not an illusion. That it's not another scenario he's living through his ability while he was missing you. "It's really you y/n...I missed you...so much. I never thought I'll get to see you again." He said, his voice breaking at the end of the sentence. You smiled woefully at him, then brighter than before, "Yes, I'm back Edgar...and I missed you a lot too." You replied. 

"I'm glad that you came to see me..." he spoke softly, his eyes wandering down when he noticed your suitcases. He gasped, "Did you come here the first thing after landing here?" You shyly nodded at him, "Yes I wanted to surprise you..." you frowned, "but I guess that was inappropriate since we were not that close to doing such a thing like this. I'm sorry for not telling you before coming here." He chuckled hearing you, "I'm more than glad you did. I loved the surprise." He said. You smiled shyly, "I'm glad then..." "Do you want to come inside?" He asked. You slowly nodded. You followed him inside his mansion, looking around the place once again making you remember all the memories you both shared here together. He took your suitcases away from you and carried them towards the old bedroom you used when you worked for him.

You took a seat on the sofa adorning the middle of the drawing room while waiting for Poe to come back. He came back with some tea and cookies after a few minutes. You thanked him, took a sip of the warm liquid, and sighed in contentment. You felt his stare on you, putting down the cup on the tea table, you turned towards him to take a proper look at him. His hair looked longer, and somehow even messier than before. You gave him a smile making him blush and turn his head towards the teapot on the table. "How was England for you?" He asked in a soft voice. You clasped your hands together, "It was great, I enjoyed my last bit of university life making new acquaintances and enjoying the new city and the culture. I missed you a lot, and often thought of you." You replied softly. He smiled upon hearing your answer. "Y/n...I want to confess something..." He spoke hesitantly. You nodded your head in approval.