Loving Lunch

OUTSIDE HOGWARTS

EVELYN'S POV

I made my way towards the greenhouse. I sat behind it and made sure no one would see me, just like Severus stated. I placed the basket next to me and pulled the blanket close to me. It smelled like him. Severus. I felt tears swell up in my eyes, but I took deep breaths and stared at the trees and the dark blue water. It looked so beautiful, and I admired it. I let my head fall back against the wood. I heard footsteps and quickly moved my feet back. I thought it was Severus.

Is it him?

I turned my head a bit to reveal Severus walking towards the corner. He sat down next to me and placed an arm around my neck and pulled me close. By now the sun was high so it was a bit warmer.

"Now. We can eat lunch." Severus gave me a small smile before pulling out some sandwiches. He handed me one and grabbed the other one.

"I hope you like it. It was the only thing I could think of."

"Thanks.." I smiled and blushed.

How can this man be so awesome? Everyone always viewed him as an emotionless, heartless, evil man. But now that I've had the beautiful chance to get to know him better, he is so different. He's amazing, handsome, caring, and soft. I sure am lucky.

I began eating and rested my head on his shoulder. I ate my sandwich, pieces of my nightmare coming back into my mind. I felt Severus place a hand on mine and speak.

"Relax, whatever happened, is gone. I am here and you're safe."

I nodded.

I only looked at the lake and the trees, admiring all the dark colours. The trees and lake reminded me of Severus. It was dark and shady, but it still showed beauty of its own. I turned to look at Severus and saw him eating slowly.

We finished eating and sat there in silence. Severus broke the silence after a while.

"So, do you want to talk about the 'bathroom incident'?

I slowly nodded and started to think of where to start. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I had a nightmare..It was about my past and I only felt safe in the restroom at my house..so I ran to the restroom.."

I paused and saw Severus looking at me, attentive. I felt his arm pull me close to him and he rubbed my arm with his hand.

"You're doing good.." He whispered.

I took another deep breath and continued.

"I has..abused by my..own father..My mother could not do anything about it..she needed him to pay our house..she tried to take the abuse to her and not my younger brother and me..but my dad went after me..the only place he would leave me alone..was the bathroom..so whenever he came after me..I hid in the bathroom.."

I stopped and breathed as Severus's hand intertwined with me.

"It started when I was 11..he would come home sometimes drunk..sometimes sober..and he would just..hit us for no reason..my mum tried to take the hits for us but he knew the plan..he would lock her in one room and take me to the other.."

I felt something watery fall onto my hand. I looked up and saw Severus crying. His other hand went over his mouth and tears kept sliding down his cheek.

"I'm so sorry.." I whispered.

He grabbed me and pulled me close to where I was sitting in his lap. His chin rested on my shoulder and his big arms around me.