Gloomy Goodbyes

SUNDAY-LAST DAY-CORRIDOR

REMUS'S POV

I walked down the empty corridor. How I was going to miss Hogwarts. All the great memories I had of this place. My home. My memories with James and Sirius would always stay with me. I was going to miss this place. I was fired after someone found out about my condition. Dumbledore told me I could no longer teach, so back to my hometown I was going. I couldn't seem to tell Evelyn. With her already losing Severus, I didn't want her to feel like she was losing me as well.

I reached the icy dungeons and walked closer to the potion classroom door. I knocked and stood a bit back. I waited but no one came to the door. I knocked once again but no answer.

I turned the knob and it opened.

Weird, Severus never leaves his door unlocked...

I walked inside and saw him. Severus was sitting at his desk, his face on his desk. He seemed asleep and the floor was a mess. I closed the door quietly and made my way towards him. I inched closer to look at him closely.

God, Evelyn was right...it smells bad...and the floor...

I sniffed the air and immediately recognised the smell.

Firewhisky...god Severus...

I took out my wand and waved the mess away. I gently tapped his shoulder.

Is he even alive?

I tapped him harder, and he shot up. He began moving around quickly, trying to get up.

"No, no." I pushed him back onto his chair.

He groaned and looked at me. His eyes were everywhere.

"Are you drunk?"

He huffed and looked away.

"Severus..." I sighed and got up. I quickly began looking for a potion. I had read about one once, it would help you regain consciousness depending on how much you drank.

I found it and brought it to him.

"Drink, please." I placed it in his hand.

Severus raised an eyebrow but began drinking it. Once halfway done he placed it down. Severus blinked fast a couple of times before looking back at me.

"Are you ok, Severus?"

Dumbest question to ask someone that is going through a breakup and potential suicide.

"Why are you here Remus..." Severus said, annoyingly.

"Because I want to know how you're feeling. I care about you..." I spoke.

"Well..." Severus stood up, supporting himself on his desk.

"I'm fine..." He said, coldly.

"Severus, it's ok. You can tell me."

He gave me a cold stare and opened his mouth but hesitated to say anything.

"Well, it's Evelyn, I feel like I can't live without her. I feel already dead without her by my side..." I saw tears begin running down his face.

"I'm sorry. I really am." I moved closer, placing my hand on his back. Severus immediately looked up at me, pleading eyes.

He began crying uncontrollably. He moved closer to me, crying into my neck. I slowly wrapped my arms around him, trying my best to comfort him. He was taller than me, so it was hard to hold him.

"I'm so sorry Severus, you don't deserve this...I know you love Evelyn, and she loves you..."

"I want her back..." Severus whimpered.