Dungeon Disasters

DUNGEONS-NIGHT

EVELYN'S POV

I reached the bottom of the stairs and saw the long corridor ahead of me. It was dark and scarier than usual. I walked slowly as I heard my own footsteps echo. The first door was the potion classroom. I stood right in front of the door. I slowly fisted my hand and moved it close to the door. I could hear my heart beating, it was loud and in my ear. I felt the sweat running on the side of my forehead. My breathing, heavy and rapid. I shivered as goosebumps filled my arms. I knocked twice softly.

"Come in." I heard his voice call.

I pushed the door open slowly and stepped inside. I stood there, frozen, my gaze only on him. I immediately felt tears swell in my eyes.

The door swung close behind me causing me to move away from the door.

"Miss. White. I see you have come for your detention." Severus said, emotionless.

"Yes sir." I replied, scared.

"Good and you're early."

"Before we begin with your detention, would you like to try and explain what was happening earlier today?" He stood up from his desk as I walked closer to him.

"I..um..I."

"Stop stuttering and begin explaining!"

"I was doing nothing.."

"Oh nothing?!"

"I was doing nothing, professor! That ki-"

"Don't bring Cole into this! Explain YOUR actions!"

"MY actions?! I did NOTHING!" I felt tears falling down my face.

"Oh you did nothing?! What was happening in the middle of the class?!"

Evelyn...fix this shit...Now!

I fell to my knees.

"Severus...please!! I love you and only you! I am dating no one but you! I...I never touched that kid...he was harassing me...he was touching me without my permission..."

I opened my eyes and saw his eyes widened.

"I would never..never date anyone but you! I hate that kid and never want to be near him! I...just want you..I want to hold you..I only want to kiss YOU. I only want to allow YOU to touch me..Please..Severus! I..love you.." I finished and slumped all the way down.

I felt an arm go around me and lift me up. I opened my eyes and saw I was sitting on his desk. He lifted my chin up and his eyes met mine.

"Evelyn..I'm so sorry..I knew I would hurt you..I knew I would cause you terrible pain. I hurt you once and now this is the 2nd time..I am so sorry..." He hugged me tight and buried his face in my neck.

Severus began sobbing into my neck, making me cry. I ran my hand through his hair and placed my hand on his back, rubbing it.

"I'm sorry..I'm sorry..love.." Severus managed to say as he kept crying.

"Severus..it's ok.."

"No it's not. I should have never assumed. I should have known..I was just..I saw Cole's thoughts. He wanted..to do things to you..and I could see you so..I assumed you wanted the same..Evelyn..I love you.." He lifted his face away from my neck and close to mine.

"I hate myself for this..I sometimes just..wish I were dead.."

I grabbed his chin and moved it lower, allowing me to look directly into his beautiful dark eyes.

"Don't. Ever. Say. That. We all make mistakes but still no one deserves to die just because we make a mistake..Severus..we both fucked up but we're still in this together," He looked away from me.

I grabbed his chin again.

"Look at me. What did I tell you when we were in the Barlow situation? That I would stick with you till the end..no matter what..remember?"

He smiled slightly and nodded.

"I am not breaking that promise. I am sticking with you...till the end...no matter what...staying by your side...always." I ran my hand up and down his cheek.

He looked down at me and wiped his tears away. I grabbed his collar and collided my lips with his. I had forgotten how soft his lips were. How good it felt to have his lips on mine. How it all felt.

His hand snaked onto my hips and pulled me closer. We both pulled away and kept our forehead together. We breathed each other's breath. I opened my eyes and looked up into his. He seemed so happy yet so sad.

"I am sorry..sorry..I should've moved away from Zachery.." I whispered.

"No, I am sorry..I should've never assumed.."

"Ok..stop..I think we both need to stop apologising..." I sniffled and giggled.

He gave me a small chuckle before resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Should we go to bed?" Severus asked quietly.

"Um..I don't think I should stay.." I said.

Severus moved away from my shoulder and close to my face.

"Oh..I understand.."

I caressed his cheek.

"It's not you..I just don't want to make you feel worse..it's not you, Sev.."

"It's alright..boundaries.."

"Sev..I love you..and just want you to sleep with no worry of anything.."

"I love you too Evelyn..but I only feel safe with you by my side.." Severus whispered.

"Uh..I want to stay..but I kinda promised Remus I would go back to make sure he ate something.."

"Oh..it's fine..I have to make up for my mistakes though.." Severus said softly.

"What? Make up for your mistakes..you're fine Sev..it's just Remus being such a great god-father, I want to make sure he's fine.."

"God-father?" He asked, confused.

"Well..I forgot to mention that he and I..were going to spread that..rumour because he told someone that..remember that Malfoy girl.." I looked at him, a bit worried.

"Yes, I remember the girl who attacked my love." He pushed my hair out of my face as I felt my face turn slightly red.

"Yea..she was going to attack me again..but he made that excuse up..that I was his god-daughter..so yea..the idea is to spread that rumour so everyone thinks..it's true I guess."

"Well..I don't think it harms anyone..and I'm fine with that I guess..so you want to go see him right now?" He asked.

"Yea..it looks like he hasn't eaten in a while..like he's tired and depressed as well.." I said.

Severus had a moment of realisation.

"Oh. That." He whispered.

"What. What is it?" I asked, curious.

"Nothing. Now you should get going if you're going to sneak over to him." Severus gave me a small smile.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow, we can talk about more things." I kissed his cheek.