Scary Surprises

AFTER CHARMS EXAM

I walked out of the class along with everyone else, wondering where I would go. I had a final every day. Today charms tomorrow care for magical creatures. I was a bit excited because Hagrid knew I loved the animals he owned. It was an easy pass. I quietly made my way to Remus's class. I knocked on the door. He didn't come to open the door so I turned the knob and it opened.

I peeked inside and saw no one was around. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

I walked towards his desk. I saw no one around so I walked towards his office.

"Remus?" I whispered, walking up the stairs that lead to his office.

I heard no response so I continued up the stairs. I reached his door and opened it, now concerned. The door creaked open and I walked in. I still saw no sign of him. I closed the door and walked closer to his kitchen.

"Remus?" I said, louder.

I began walking to his bedroom and heard soft snoring. I slowly walked to his bedroom and saw his door was closed.

Weird, he never closes his bedroom door...

I reached for the doorknob and it was unlocked. I opened the door slowly and saw him asleep. He was snoring quietly. As soon as I walked in, his eyes shot open. He seemed to be shirtless and I could see he was sweating.

"Evelyn.." He said, his voice trembling.

"Remus, are you ok?" I asked, confused.

"You..need to leave.." He said, in a growling voice.

"Um, no you don't see well..what's wrong?"

He growled and got up, grabbing me. He pushed me against the wall, his face close to mine. I looked into his eyes and didn't see the Remus I knew. His eyes were a sort of yellow shade. I lifted my hand to his face and felt he was very hot.

"Remus..what's wrong.." I managed to say.

He blinked hard and his eyes widened. Remus let go of me and took a couple of steps back.

"What did I do.." He whispered.

"Nothing, Remus are you ok.."

"No, you leave right now Evelyn. I will explain but you must leave.." Remus said, slowly falling to the ground. I tried to walk closer to him.

"No! Go, don't come back until I tell you..and don't send anyone.." He groaned.

I have to trust him..

I nodded and closed the door. I quickly left his office and classroom. I had nowhere to go now. No Severus, no Remus, and no friends. I slowly made my way to the Great hall. I saw Jade and waved at her.

"How are you Evelyn?"

"I'm good." I lied. "I'm just tired, so I'm going to bed.."

"Oh. ok." Jade responded.

I slowly walked around the corridors, trying to take the longest way there. It was close to summer so the weather was a bit warmer. The corridors seemed empty and sad, the wind being the only thing following me. As I walked around the corner I saw a small bird, standing on the floor. The corridor was just walls all around, so it seemed like it couldn't find a way out.

I knelt down, close to it. It moved away just a bit and looked at me. It seemed to be a baby raven. I put my hands together to form a small bowl. It looked at me confused.

"It's ok..I'll help you out.." I whispered.

It slowly moved closer to my hands and gave me a small peck. I didn't move my hands. It quickly hopped into my hands and looked up at me. I stood up and walked back to the courtyard. I stood close to the wall and leaned on it.