Coincidence or Casuality

(Short Chapter)

HOSPITAL WING-EVENING

SNAPE'S POV

I ran into the hospital wing.

"Poppy!" I yelled.

Pomfrey walked from a patient's bed towards me. I laid her on an empty bed and began feeling for a pulse. I slammed my fists onto the bed. I turned around and saw Dumbledore and McGonagall walk in. I felt tears forming in my eyes. Poppy stepped closer to her and began saying words, but I couldn't make out anything. My eyes felt heavy and a sharp pain hit my chest. The world was spinning but I wasn't going to let that stop me from making sure Evelyn was ok. I fell to my knees, next to her. I began praying.

Please hear my prayer..please keep her alive..I need her..she needs me..she has so much to experience..she can't die..not now..please give her strength to live longer..give her strength to live..I need her..Evelyn deserves to live longer..let her live, my lord.

Silence fell as Poppy was checking her. My ears were waiting for an answer.

"She's alive." Were the only words that I heard Poppy say. My breathing grew heavy but I held onto Evelyn's hand. She still felt cold. I felt tears start flowing out. I buried my face into the bed not caring whether they knew or not.

"Could I talk to Severus alone?" Poppy asked Dumbledore and McGonagall. They walked out and left me alone with Evelyn and Poppy.

"I know and I can tell you have feelings for this girl, Severus..because you've never been like this before.." She said.

I couldn't deny it anymore. I nodded quickly, still holding her hand.

"You may spend the night here with her," She placed her hand on my shoulder. "I promise to keep your secret. Just promise me you won't hurt her."

I looked at her. "I will never hurt her, ever.. Thanks." I smiled.

"I'll let you guys sleep and I'll have a more clear idea of what happened." I nodded and laid next to Evelyn. I felt that her body temperature had gone up. She felt warmer. I felt her move a bit and mumble something. I stroked her hair and felt her head move around more. I didn't want to fall asleep, I wanted to be awake to comfort her and make sure she knew what happened. I was going to fight my sleepiness and body. She groaned and turned around. Her eyes were still closed but her hands were wandering my face and upper chest.

"Severus..Is that you.." She whispered, scared.

"Yes. It's me. You're safe.."

She sighed in relief and moved closer.

"I would want to open..my eyes but..my body is so weak and..it hurts.."

I patted her head.

"Sleep. I'm here to protect you."

"Please..stay by my side.."

"Always."

She gave me a small smile and drifted off to sleep.