Chapter 26:

Bit short, So sorry about it.

[Dust's au]

Dustfell:"So you're saying the boss is missing?"

Dustfell asks to confirm.

Dream:"That seems to be the case, We have managed to find Cross who is currently being dealt with by Delta but as for Dust, We have no knowledge about where he is. It's as if he disappeared"

Outerdust:"Well ain't that great news"

Outerdust says putting a hand on his head, The only chance of being free from Nightmare is probably dead.

Dustfell:"So you're saying he's dead?"

Dream shakes his head.

Dream:"That isn't the case. You see there is a rare phenomena in which an entire universe is shaped by a singular individual, Although this is very rare. It is the reason why Dust's universe exists"

Outerdust:"I don't get what you're saying?"

Dream:"If Dust were to die outside of this universe then this universe will experience drastic changes. Losing everything that has made it special. But since everything is alright then it's safe to say Dust is alive"

Dustfell:"Well that's some good news I guess, But the real question is where is he?"

Dream:"Like I said, we don't know but I'm sure Ink and Core can find him soon"

Dustfell:"I appreciate the help and all but I've gotta ask, Is there a catch? Cause nothing in the world is free, Ya know"

Dream nods.

Dream:"I require his help in restoring a universe my brother has corrupted, If he can kill the main cause then the world would be restored. I can't do it since my intervention will set off our plans of ruining my brother's schemes and perhaps ruin the chance to save him"

Outerdust:"No offense but your brother is beyond redemption at this point. Take it from his underlings, the guy you used to know is completely gone now. Replaced by a sadistic and manipulative mass of slime"

Dream:"We don't have time for this, I'll go talk to Ink while the two of you stay here. I'll update you on any information"

Outerdust and Dustfell nod at Dream who walks into a portal that closes as soon as he goes through it, Outerdust and Dustfell stare at each other.

Dustfell:"Wanna see how much mustard I can put in my mouth without swallowing?"

Outerdust:"......... Sure"

[Nightmare's castle]

Nightmare:"So you have no idea where Dust is?"

Nightmare asks as his anger grows.

Error:"N-nope, The last time his whereabouts-bouts were known w-wa-s before he we-e-ent a-aft-er yo-u-ur little rogue, C-Cr-Cross"

Nightmare rubs his slimy temples and he tries to calm himself down.

Nightmare:"He couldn't have gone too far, Send out to fodder to search for, Dust. If they die then we'll at least know where he is"

Error:"Y-you've g-go-got it"

Error walks through a glitchy portal and Nightmare calls in a bunch of his underlings he is sure won't come back and he sends them to find Dust's location.

Nightmare:"Where could that nuisance have gone?"

Nightmare couldn't help but wonder outloud.

[With Dust]