(9) Double Kill

It feels like forever that Muichiro has been waiting for.

In the middle of the stairs, katana in hand, broken legs, waiting for a certain someone to show up.

Finally, after a couple of minutes that felt like eternity,
he hears close footsteps.

Muichiro's heart races. Will this work, or not? He thinks.

The person he aims to kill is pretty strong, so if his attempt doesn't work, he's gonna completely screw himself up. And now, the target has got to where Muichiro is. They look confused but they lean down to get a better view of him.

"Isn't your flashy self supposed to be in your bed?" They look up and down, examining Muichiro.

"Kanae let me get out." Muichiro lies, camouflaging the katana in his hand behind his back. "Hmm... alright." The victim still looks a bit sceptical, but dismisses it.

They get up slowly and start walking to the bottom of the stairs.

Muichiro thinks straight again. "It's now or never." He thinks. He gets out his katana from behind his back and turns towards the victim's back. Without looking now...

*SWING*

His head.

Uzui's head. It's gone. Detached.

Looks like Muichiro mistook him for a demon. (lol)

But before the rest of Uzui's body can fall onto Muichiro, he moves to the side of the stairs just in time. Phew. However, just at that moment, a faint male voice can be heard from downstairs.

Him.

"NEZUKO CHAAAAN~" Zenitsu screams.

He runs inside the butterfly mansion in a flash. He knows that Nezuko is somewhere, and he wants to see her without Tanjiro's assistance this time. Little does he know, he's about to witness some messed up stuff. Or will he just ignore it? Who knows.

As soon as Zenitsu gets to the stairs, he turns his gaze to what looks like Uzui and Muichiro.

But it's much more than that.

Uzui's remaining head rolls fast down the stairs. It bounces off on the last few, only to land into Zenitsu's cold hands. Oh, so coincidentally. And traumatising for him. It happened so fast, so fast that Zenitsu couldn't comprehend anything. His face turns to complete shock, mixed with a bit of trauma. Muichiro stays silent despite all the tension.

Zenitsu falls to his knees, intensely shaking. He tries his best to speak, but nothing comes out.

...

*SWING*

Oh dear.

Another one, with their head gone.

At this point Muichiro didn't even have a choice. He had to do what he did, or else all of his future plans would be gone. Hell, even himself would be gone.

Muichiro pants heavily, looking at what he caused. He takes his body and katana in hand and drags himself to the bottom of the stairs. While dodging blood on the floor, he successfully gets to the water tap outside and washes the blood off his katana, as well as the faint blood on his clothes.

It's only been 3 days later, yet Muichiro has gone to spread chaos again.

Guess this makes up for the 3 days he hasn't killed.

He goes back inside the butterfly mansion and jumps back on his bed with great difficulty. Just waiting for someone to find the scene.

Muichiro goes under the covers of his bed, attempting to fake-sleep. So that people wouldn't suspect he heard anything like screaming or whatever during the time the murder happened, so he can be casted as innocent.
Even so, he would be innocent either way.

They trust him too much.

Just about 5 minutes later, a scream echoes within the butterfly mansion. Someone found them, Muichiro thinks. Well, the only female available in the mansion is Kanae so she must have finished her duties and was coming to check on Muichiro. But instead, she saw whatever mess there was in the staircase.

In a flash, Kanae opens the door to the room Muichiro's staying in, probably making sure he isn't dead as well. He stays in the covers 'asleep', as Kanae breathes a sigh of relief. She goes closer to him and taps his shoulder.

Muichiro slowly opens his eyes. "What... I was sleeping..." Muichiro groans, to not make it look suspicious.

"Uzui and Zenitsu got killed!" Kanae screams. Countless tears roll down her face. "D-did you hear anything suspicious? Did you witness it?!"

"No." Muichiro simply answers.

About a second later, all of the remaining hashira's come to the scene. Sanemi and Gyomei. And for extras, Tanjiro, Nezuko, Inosuke, and Hinatsuru also come.

All of them are in shock, they thought that the murders would stop after Rengoku was executed, since he supposedly was the traitor.

That's far from the truth.

"Who could've done this?!" Hinatsuru cries out. No one expected it, but it was done. Tanjiro, Nezuko and Inosuke grief over the loss of Zenitsu. "What a poor poor soul-" Gyomei says before tripping on air.

"Guys!" Sanemi shouts. Everyone turns to look at him.

"You all need to stop crying and get your shit together! We need to investigate who the actual traitor is!"

"B-but... we have no suspects... and now we know Rengoku isn't the traitor..." Kanae mumbles. Tanjiro then gets an idea. "I think we should just wait it out." Tanjiro says. "And then when another murder happens, we can start pointing out suspects."

"What?! Are you fucking crazy?!?!?!" Sanemi shouts at Tanjiro loudly. Very close to just punching him in the head. "That's a good idea!" Kanae admits.

Sanemi stops his fist at the perfect time. "Fine... let's do it then." Sanemi says.

And while all that's happening, Muichiro is watching it all.

"What a fucking simp", he thinks.

INFO DUMP!!!!!
Uzui gets buried at the hashira burial place, while Zenitsu gets buried where all the normal demon slayers go. Nezuko is really sad... but Tanjiro's a bit glad that no one can rizz up his sister. Hinatsuru is really heartbroken from the situation and basically becomes depressed and very emotional, while Muichiro is here just crossing Uzui off of his list and writing Zenitsu and then crossing it off immediately, he's just being a little silly. How much longer will his silliness last?

made by gayd0tc0m