(14) Final Kill

"Welcome back." Shinobu greets. Her calm nature stays as she looks deeply into the eyes of pale turquoise. "How was your mission?"

"Boring." Muichiro replies.

He doesn't seem much interested in his mission, like always. It was full of action and mayhem, but he doesn't think of it in that way.

"Is that so? Hmm..." The purple butterfly girl ponders. Muichiro looks up at the clouds, trying to decipher their shapes. Silence fills as the slow and breezy wind passes by. Just then, Shinobu thinks of an idea.

She looks behind her. "Well, I have something that's not boring for us to do."

The boy in front of her then turns his gaze. "Like what?" He asks. Even so, he knows the non-boring thing won't make a difference to him.

"We've been planning to go out somewhere, all of us hashiras." She continues. "And where exactly is a surprise."

Muichiro's eyes widen vaguely. "...A surprise?"

Shinobu speaks again. "Mhm. Don't you want a surprise on your birthday?"

Right, it seems he forgot. But he was too occupied by the mission, or he was just too bothered to think about it.

Shinobu decides to sit down with him on the bench in the Mist Estate. She wraps her arm around his shoulder, with soft eyes. "We feel sympathetic that you had to do a mission on your special day. So, we're all deciding to celebrate you."

At that moment, Sanemi and Kanae arrive.

"Hi Muichiro." Kanae addresses.

"Wait mamacita!! Should we give him the gift now or later?!??"

"They can hear you, you know..."

Shinobu chuckles softly. Soon after that, all the hashiras gather at the Mist Estate.

Gyomei bumping into walls and people left and right, Mitsuri talking with Muichiro while Obanai sits in the middle, so she doesn't get too close, Uzui yapping about flash to Rengoku, Kanae and Shinobu talking sweetly, and Sanemi only having his eyes on his mamacita, and Giyu in the corner doing nothing.

It takes them a while before they start heading to the surprise place.

All the hashiras are at a table in a bar. With all the hashiras except Muichiro getting drunk, he was given apple juice.

He did like the food though that's the only part.

Shinobu turns around to face him after taking another sip of her drink. "See, this is fun, right?"

A few minutes later, Uzui speaks up. "Alright guys, time to settle down. We have a toast to make!" He immediately raises his voice again. "Every one of us here will give a speech to our birthday boy Muichiro here!!"

"Who wants to go first?" Shinobu asks. Straight away, Mitsuri raises her hand.

"Ok, ok, so... I just want to say, I hope you had an amazing time here, Muichiro!! You're so talented and kind, and you do your own thing which I really REALLY admire-" She gets cut off by Obanai's hand placement on her thigh. "Y-yeah... that's it."

Uzui claps. "Great job! Great job! Now it's my turn."

He clears his throat. "Muichiro, you might not naturally have that flash in you, but I'll always help you achieve it!"