(11) Betrayal

A wooden door that opens.

It slams wide open, for the person behind the door, to catch sight of a horrifying occurrence. But the victims are too much to bear.

Sanemi, the wind hashira, quickly rushes inside the room and jumps up.

His sword makes contact with Nezuko's neck, slicing it off.

But it's too late.

Tanjiro's body lays there, barely recognisable, blood gushing out of him, his organs full on display, gruesome.

"Muichiro!" Sanemi shouts. "Are you okay?" He rushes towards Muichiro, who is sitting down with a blank expression.

"I'm ok." He speaks.

"How did this happen?!" The wind hashira asks. Muichiro thinks for a moment. "No idea."

Sanemi sighs. "Alright, I'll get the others!" He shouts for one last time before he sprints outside of the butterfly mansion.

While Muichiro sits on the floor processing what happened.

Like all murders, it just took place so fast. And now it's going to get more confusing.

A few minutes later, everyone stands, surrounding Tanjiro's body.

"So how did this happen, Sanemi?" Kanae questions. "Mamacita... the moment I stepped into the room, Nezuko was devouring her own brother!" As soon as those words leave his mouth, everyone gasps.

"But, how?! I thought Nezumpo was nice!" Inosuke shouts.

"Listen, I know we're all shocked, but we need to calm down and figure out how this happened." Hinatsuru reassures.

Muichiro zones out, only thinking about what his next move is. "I need a new pen now."

"Well, let's ask the witness first." Kanae says, turning to Muichiro. "What exactly happened, Muichiro?"

The questioned hashira's eyes turn to gaze at her. "Hm?"

Kanae repeats her question. "Do you know what happened? How and why did Nezuko suddenly devour Tanjiro?"

"I don't know, I was sitting right here and then Nezuko came in with Tanjiro."

"Oh, I think I remember now.

Sanemi came in and beheaded Nezuko and started slicing up Tanjiro."

The room goes silent. They all turn to face Sanemi. "I tried to make him stop but he just wouldn't listen. I couldn't do much because of my broken legs. I'm sorry." Muichiro covers his face and begins to realistically fake cry.

Kanae goes up to Muichiro and puts her hand on his shoulder. "No, no, Muichiro, it's not your fault."

Sanemi stutters. "What?! You've got that shit all wrong!" He tries his best to prove his innocence, but he knows no one would believe him.

"He's lying, I fucking swear! Mamacita... you would know that, right?!" He asks.

Kanae stays silent for a few seconds. "How could you think MUICHIRO would lie?!" She starts shouting.

"Right, he's never lied and never will!" Hinatsuru says.

Muichiro lifts up his face a bit. "Thank you."

"So Sanemi, you've been the traitor all along..." Gyomei declares. "What a cruel soul you are."

"I swear I'm not the fucking traitor god damn it!" The wind hashira snaps.

"Ok now I think he's lost his mind..." Hinatsuru states.

"Let's just make this quick and get to the hashira meeting." Kanae requests. "Muichiro, are you ok to attend?"

Muichiro lifts his head up fully to look at Kanae. "Yeah, I'll be fine." He replies.

Inosuke jumps up into the air in excitement. "Oh yeah! This is for Manjiro, sucker!"

*AT THE HASHIRA MEETING*

"Sanemi, step forward." Master Kagaya Ubuyashiki demands. The wind hashira hesitates. "Master, I'm not the traitor! I beg for your forgiveness." He gets down on his knees and brings his head forward.

"Step forward." Kagaya repeats, in a more demanding tone. Sanemi has no choice but to obey him. He steps forward.

All of the remaining hashiras know what is going to happen.

"Sanemi, you are being publicly executed for beheading an innocent demon and killing a fellow demon slayer corps member as well as others." Kagaya states.

Sanemi freezes. "Master, please, I'm not the traitor-" He pleads before he gets slammed onto the ground by Muichiro.

"Muichiro, do the honours."

Muichiro then brings his sword to the air and kneels down to Sanemi's level, just so he can hear this terrifying confession.

"I killed them all."

Sanemi's facial expression goes to pure shock one last time before immediately being brutally stabbed by the real traitor.

He could've confessed what he heard right then and there,

but Muichiro was too quick.

Now that the 'traitor' has been executed, everyone will go back to their daily lives, right? However, what they don't know is that the traitor is far more complex than they think.

And they will find more ways.

To kill.

(honestly in that time when inosuke pronounced tanjiro as 'manjiro' the only person i had in mind was manjiro sano... ugh i love him so much)

made by gayd0tc0m