(10) A Sibling's Bond

After Tanjiro suggested they wait until another murder happens, every remaining hashira has been on full time patrol.

The hashiras have not been going out of their estates so often and their meeting place has moved to a more concealed location. All because of this one traitor.

Well, Muichiro doesn't think of it too much.

He has a lot more important things to do.

While Muichiro is sitting on his bed, bored as hell, Kanae opens the door and enters the room to check up on him.

"Are you feeling any better?" She asks sincerely.

"A little bit." Muichiro answers, as he pulls the beds blankets over his body. Kanae sits down next to him on the bed.

"Listen, I know it's hard with all these passings and your injuries, but I'll assure you that I'll protect you." She looks at him with her pastel purple eyes. "No matter what."

Muichiro looks back, however he feels no emotions like he should.

He thinks he should feel protected, safe, perceive that he's out of danger. But that's only what someone who's not a traitor would feel.

"Thank you." Muichiro says as he covers his head, so Kanae doesn't see his blank face.

Kanae then gets up and heads towards the door. "Just yell out when you need me, alright?" She states before going through the door and locking it.

And now, it's back to Muichiro sitting on his bed and either thinking about who to kill next or just life in general.

But really, who is there to kill?

All if not most of the 'weak' ones are dead, all there is left is the overpowered ones, and the ones that would make it too obvious. Still, Muichiro feels like he's gone too far into this to stop, and he has to continue this killing spree....

*9 MONTHS LATER*

...

He's tried everything there is to do in the butterfly mansion too.

Threatening to break the windows, making a fort out of the beds, sleeping, eating, daydreaming...

Interrupted by a wooden door slam.

This is it.

The perfect time.

Muichiro takes out his notepad and pen, and begins to write down the specific person's name, whoever they may be.

Because he knows.

But before he has a chance to hide it,

"Hey Muichiro!!!" A faint voice can be heard from the barrier of the locked door. "Kanae, can you open this please?"

Soon enough, a click and a turn, the optimistic red-haired boy makes his appearance.

Muichiro fumbles his notepad and quickly hides it behind him. "Hi Tanjiro." He slightly stutters but keeps his act.

Tanjiro begins to close all the blinds to the windows. Muichiro watches in silence.

"Is it ok for you to sit down on the floor Muichiro?" Tanjiro asks him. "I mean, I can try." He replies. He begins to crawl off the bed and drag himself to the middle of the room, sitting down.

Now after all the blinds are closed, Tanjiro sits down in front of him. "You can come out now, Nezuko." He turns his head to the door and speaks.

A head pops out. Turning into a full body, there stands Nezuko.

She cautiously enters the room and settles down next to Tanjiro.

"Does your legs feel at least any less painful, Muichiro?" The red-haired boy questions Muichiro. He crosses his arms and tilts his head. "I don't know, it depends on every day." He blankly says.

Nezuko also crosses her arms and tilts her head, imitating Muichiro's movements. "Ah I see, so every day the pain is different?" Tanjiro asks again.

"That's what it seems." Muichiro replies.

Whatever motion he was doing, Nezuko was doing the same. "I see Nezuko has taken a liking to you. She even insisted on us seeing you!" Tanjiro excitedly says. Muichiro almost doesn't hear what he says, but just responds with a basic 'that's nice'.

Immediately, the ruby colour haired boy goes back to treating his sister.

"What a nice bond they have," Muichiro thinks.

It wouldn't be nice to break it, right?

The black and turquoise haired boy fidgets with the pen in his hand. In which he forgot to hide beforehand.

An idea crosses his mind.

Not a good one.

Abruptly, he flicks the pen at Tanjiro. It lands on him. No, in him.

Right into his heart.

Tanjiro gasps and holds his chest in pain, wondering what's going on. Nezuko stares at him. And... drools? "This is good", Muichiro thinks.

"Nezu... ko... no..." Tanjiro's last words before suddenly Nezuko jumps onto him.

And begins to devour him. His flesh, his organs, everything.

It's just what was bound to happen.

Muichiro sits there motionless, when instantly,

the door opens.

made by gayd0tc0m