Prologue:

Backstory:

Marinette has been raised by the monks of Nanda Parbat since she was 2 years old. Her biological mother died giving birth to her while her biological father had been in a coma for over a year. One of the monks found Marinette and took her in.

Some of the monks here work with the League of Assassins (or League of Shadows). When Ra's Al Ghul came to visit the monks, he saw Marinette. Somehow, Marinette wasn't afraid of Ra when he spoke to the monks about taking her to his base. His grandson is destined to take over the league, and he'll need a bride. Marinette was willing to go with him and do the right thing, even if she was meant to be a bride.

Everything changed on that day.

***

***

***

/Damian & Marinette are 8 years old/

Pains... Screaming... The voices of her parents... Marinette has been having nightmares of her parents for the past two years. She'd wake up screaming and shivering in her room. Her nightgown was sweat-stained from her nightmare. Trembling in fear, she got up and crept out of her chamber into the one next to hers. Damian's doors were locked. But the girl had more than one way in. She hid a bobby pin in her hair for emergencies. She grabbed and picked up the lock. She entered the room and then whispered his name then, finally, the Ice Prince awakened.

"Should've guessed you'd pick the lock. We need a door for our shared wall. What brings you here trembling at this hour, Marinette?"

The poor girl pushed Damian aside and dragged him to his bed. "May I sleep in your room tonight?"

Damian saw the look in her bluebells eyes, a pleading look. Since she came here, Damian has been getting a strange feeling from her. They've been seeing each other with Ra as he was preparing the ancient ritual to bond them together. That'll happen when they are eight. His beloved, he couldn't say that he hated the thought, but he also couldn't say that he liked it. Marinette would be put in harm's way if she truly became his betrothed. He can't have that.

He gave her an awkward smile. "Very well, you may stay."

Marinette's eyes light up. This was worth it.

/They're 9 years old/

Marinette was training with Tom and Sabine Dupain-Cheng. They're a nice couple, plus they treat her as one of their own. Sometimes, she and Damian would compete against each other for fun. Marinette was sketching in her journal when Damian did a sneak attack on her. Thankfully, she saw him. "Did you think it would be that easy?" she said to Damian.

Marinette flipped Damian onto his back and grabbed his katana. "Not bad for a girl," Damian smirked.

"And you weren't bad yourself. For someone who's on their back. One point for me." Marinette smirked back.

Damian flipped forward and tried to grab his katana back from Marinette, but she ran off. She likes doing that to Damian. It's like a game of cat and mouse.

/They're 10 years old/

The time came for Damian and Marinette's ritual. Damian wore his league uniform (from Son of Batman) and waited for Marinette. Marinette was wearing a red dress, her hair was down her back, and a ladybug pendant for luck. The monks summoned her for the ritual and walked her down the hall.

Marinette stood by the door, waiting until Talia escorted her to the altar where Damian was. One of the monks started to chant and create the serum for them to be forever bound. The monk handed them each bowl with the serum as the Assassins and monks cheered. They both drank the liquid without hesitation.