Chapter 5: Attack On Metropolis

Adrien's pov:

After the whole Princess Justice instant, the gala finally got back to normal. The others went out onto the dance floor and began dancing. They only stopped when Marinette came into the room with the most beautiful dress. Most of us were speechless when she walked in. She looked like a princess in that dress. I guess now that she found her knight. A slow song came on and everyone was out there dancing. "Come on kid, get in there." Plagg encouraged.

"I can't Plagg. I don't have anyone to dance with, I'll look like an idiot," I said.

I felt embarrassed just standing here alone. Suddenly, a boy in a dark blue suit with black hair and piercing blue eyes that were covered by a dark red mask walked over to me. I felt my heart skip a beat as he came over to me. "Hi, I'm John. Do you want to dance?" he asked me and held out his hand to me.

I didn't know what to say, I just placed my hand in his and he dragged me onto the dance floor. I felt him wrap his hands around me and we slowly swayed to the music. I saw Marinette looking my way, she saw that I'm falling for this guy. I don't even know him, how am I falling for this guy? "I never got your name," he spoke to me.

"Oh right. I'm- I'm- I'm Adrien." I stuttered and formed a blush.

Why did I just stutter to him? I felt so embarrassed about that. The gala ended after the dance, I went to join my class but Jon just grabbed my hand and stopped me. "I hope I see you again soon Adrien. I want to get to know you more," he said to me then left.

And that was the last time that I ever saw him in Gotham.

Present time:

Alya's pov:

"Today's the day, today's the day, today's the day!" I shouted.

For part of the trip to Gotham, we get to see Metropolis as part of the trip. I became a reporter when I saw articles about Metropolis's own Superman written by Lois Lane, she's my idol. Now I know how Marinette gets when Adrien was around back when she had a crush on him. Damian and Tim are coming with us, not just because he wants to keep Lila in line but because he has a friend in Metropolis that has offered to give us a tour. "Easy Alya, Metropolis isn't going anywhere." joked Nino.

We made sure that we have our seats in the back of the bus so we don't deal with Lila and her crazy stories. Something seemed off with Adrien as we got on, he was daydreaming every time we tried to talk to him. "Hey Marinette, have you noticed how Adrien's acting? He looks like he's in love." I asked her.

"I think that might be from his mysterious prince from the gala. I saw Adrien dancing with another boy," she whispered to me.

So my best friend and Nino's best friend both found love on this trip. I looked back at Marinette and I saw her resting her head on Damian's shoulder and he was sleeping too. I tapped Nino to look then he tapped Chloe and Tim to look at Marinette and Damian. "Dick's gonna love this. And I just found my blackmail on the Demon," said Tim as he snapped a picture.

Chloe tapped on Kagami and Luka's shoulders to look as well "I never thought I'd see the day that the Heir of the Demon's Head being so gentle." said Kagami.

Alix, Kim, Max, Nathanil, and Marc turned around to see the Ice Prince and Princess sleeping. Max snapped Adrien out of his trance so he could see too. I saw Lila trying to go over to Marinette, so I got up from my seat and confronted her. "Need something, Lila?" I asked in a fake sweet voice.

"Oh, I get motion sick and I was hoping that Marinette was willing to trade seats with me," she said in a sickening fake sweet voice.

I saw Tim giving Lila a scary glare, he still hadn't forgotten how she reopened an old scar. Somehow Sabrina Raincomprix came up to Lila and told her that she had something that could help her with her "Motion Sickness". I could tell that Lila was burning with anger but she hid it with a smile. "Thanks, Sabrina, you're so sweet," she said then headed back to her seat.