Chapter 13: The Hunt For Freedom

Marinette's pov:

That night after everyone had gone to bed I ran into Damian's room and shook him awake, "Dami wake up pls" I said as I continued to shake him hoping he would wake up soon. Not long after Damian woke up in a startle as he shot his head in every direction making sure there was no danger, once he confirmed everything was safe he looked over at me with a look of worry and curiosity.

"What's wrong Malak? You ok?" Damian asked me as he gently rubbed my cheek. "I need to ask you a question, I wanted to do it now while your dad and brothers slept" I informed him. "What's that?" Damian asked as he raised one eyebrow at me, 'I hope he didn't think I was gonna do anything shady' I thought to myself. As of reading my thoughts, Damian informed me that he was just teasing which helped me relax a bit, I was glad he didn't think of me as a shady person.

Marinette: May I use the Bat-Computer to locate Hawkmoth?

Damian: Sure, but why did you want to wait until everyone was asleep?

Marinette: Just in case Hawkmoth knew anyone in the group besides you and me.

Damian: I see.

With that, the two of us walked into the Bat Cave carefully so we didn't wake anyone up. While I prepared any Miraculous'es we would need for the battle against Hawkmoth Damian put all the information I knew about the villain to see if the computer could locate him. It took some time so as soon as I had some spare time I did some training with the equipment in the cave.

After about thirty minutes Damian informed me he had found out Hawkmoth's identity, as I looked at the screen I was shocked at what I saw. Hawkmoth was nonother than Gabriel Agreste, Adrien's former father which meant Mayura was Nathalie.

 Hawkmoth was nonother than Gabriel Agreste, Adrien's former father which meant Mayura was Nathalie

The only problem now was trying to find them, knowing them they probably guessed we would use the Bat-Computer to find out who they were and are now in hiding

The only problem now was trying to find them, knowing them they probably guessed we would use the Bat-Computer to find out who they were and are now in hiding. "Damian the next time someone gets Akumitized we need to follow the freed butterfly back to his hideout," I said and Damian nodded his head in agreement.

"Also not one word about this to Adrien it would crush his heart and I can't bare to see my friend like that," I said in a sad tone, once again Damian nodded his head. With that the two of us went our separate ways to our rooms to get some sleep, tomorrow was gonna be a busy day especially if Lila was gonna cause trouble for me.

Damian's P.O.V:

After I went to bed I couldn't stop thinking of the news we just uncovered this explained why Adrien was always neglected by his father because he was too busy Akumitizing people but why? It didn't make any sense. Not to mention Nathalie was the one who stole Alfred's Miraculous, but why? I didn't fall asleep till midnight and woke up at ten in the morning the next day.

As I entered the living room my beloved kept asking me if I was okay and I told her I couldn't stop thinking about last night and that none of it made any sense even for me, and that's saying something since I have been able to crack the Riddler's toughest riddles. She nodded her head in agreement, "I understand Dami but we'll get to the bottom of all this and soon enough it will all make sense" Mari told me just then Adrien walked into the room.

"What would make sense?" he asked as he overheard our conversation, "Noting you need to worry about Kitty" Marinette said with a warm smile which helped ease Adrien's curiosity. I hated the nickname she had for him but I knew it was because they were close friends, I nodded my head and told Adrien we were just talking about Lila and he nodded his head.

After that, Adrien left the room me and my beloved continued our plan on how we would take down the evil due once and for all. After we came up with a decent plan I called The Titans, Justice League, John Kent, and Kid Flash and told them about the plan I also asked that they did not mention this to my dad, brothers, or Marinette's friends and they agreed.

For weeks we searched the globe for Hawk Moth and Mayura until we finally found them they were bidding out in a fancy apartment on the outskirts of Central City. Somehow they knew we were coming and prepared well a lot of Marinette's friends had been Re-Akumitized into their villainous selves including Batman and Tim. Dick had become Deathwing, Jason had become Talon, and Cat-Noir became Cat-Blanc. These odds didn't look so good not gonna lie I was a bit scared.

Marinette's P.O.V:

I noticed there were tons of people backing up Hawkmoth and Mayura.

Marinette: Teen Titans you, Super-boy, and kid Flash round up all my friends. Justice League you take care of Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Red Robin.

Damian: What about us my beloved?

Marinette: You and me must stop Cat Noir we'll need his help in this battle.

With that everyone did as they were told, during the battle against Cat-Blanc I managed to hit him a few times but he ended up dodging a lot of them. The battle lasted for about a few minutes until he had me pinned to the ground and Damian had been knocked out cold. With help from John distracting Chat I grabbed his bell which held the Akuma and smashed it, moving quickly I captured the evil butterfly and released Hawkmoth's hold over Adrien.

"M'Lady, what's going on?" Cat-Noir asked as he looked around at his surroundings confused he had no idea how he got to this apartment. "Not now Kitty I need your help defeating Hawkmoth and Mayura," I told him and with that, he prepared himself for battle. Not gonna lie Hawkmoth was very skilled with his Kwamii and had managed to land pretty heavy hits on me and Chat but after 2 agonizing hours we had finally defeated him.

I grabbed his Kwamii pendant and locked it in its box causing Hawkmoth to transform back into Gabriel Agrest, this also released his hold on everyone.

I then did the same to Mayura and she transformed back into Nathalie. This crushed Adrien the people he loved tried to not only hurt him but all his friends too. Within seconds the police arrived and took Gabriel and Nathalie away. Gabriel also informed the police that Lila was a part of the whole scheme and so she was locked up as well. After that we all went home it was gonna take some time to heal from this whole thing and some of us needed it more than others 😔.