Chapter 21: Ridder's Revenge

Bruce Waynes P.O.V:

The next morning, when I woke, I immediately rushed to check on my son and Marinette as soon as I saw them sleeping soundly in bed, I let out a sigh of relief. I closed the door. I was glad seeing they were ok. I couldn't help but worry about them all night even after they came home.

If not for their powers, Two-Face would have succeeded in killing them, thinking about that filled me with a certain type of rage I have never felt before in my life. I quietly closed their door and made my way to the Batcave. Upon entering the cave, the Bat-Alarm went off. I ran to the Bat-Computer to see what was wrong.

A red alert sign flashed across the screen, and as I checked it, it informed me that a criminal had just escaped Arkham. Moving fast, I loaded my utility belt with my gadgets, then I hopped into the Batmobiel and rushed over to the police station.

Landing on the roof, I saw Commissioner Gordon about to flip the switch, "Jim, I'm already here." I called put to him.

Not expecting me to already be their Jim jumped, "Oh Batman, it's just you," he said with a sigh of relief.

"I got an alert saying someone had escaped Arkam," I said, trying to get right down to business.

"Yes, and this was left behind." Gordon informed me as he handed me a sheet of paper.

On it read, "When you do not know what I am, then I am something, but when you know what I am, then I am nothing, what am I?".

As I read the question, I realized who had escaped, "Riddler," I grunted as I clentched the sheet of paper in my hand tightly.

Suddenlyba radio signal was broadcasted everywhere, "Right you are Batman, but I guess that is what I would expect from the world's greatest detective," Riddler said in a mocking tone over the radio.

"Don't get too full of yourself, riddler. As soon as I find you, I'm locking you back up," I informed him.

"Well, are you ready for your next riddle, Dark Knight?" Riddler asked.

"Fine," Batman said, just wanting to get Riddler's game over with.

"To cross the water Im the way for water I'm above I touch it not and truth to say I neither swim nor move, what am I?" Riddler asked.

After some thought, I made my way to Gotham City Bridge their I received the next riddle. The next riddle happens to be a jigsaw puzzle as I was solving it a remote controlled car nearly hit me, but I dodged just in time. "Aww, the bat survived the attack," Riddler said in disapproval he was hoping I would've died.

And leave Gotham defenseless against maniacs like him, not a chance, "Ready for your next riddle?" Riddler asked, breaking my thoughts.

"No! No more riddles! What do you want, you maniac?" I asked, sounding a bit angered by having to deal with him again.

"I prefer Brainiac as you've been learning knowledge is power, Batman," he said as the transmission cut off.

I then rushed to the next location, solving more and more riddles. My current one left me on a speeding train, and I had to match the right speed for the train. "The key to this puzzle you will find at last from riddles past,"

Thinking back to the one where I had to press the right piano key, I knew it had to be 88 due to the fact that pianos have 88 keys. "Ever8in me is ancient what am I?" I then rushed to the museum to defuse his bomb.

After I solved this one, I realized I was being played. None of the bombs have been real they were all set to distract me from finding him, thinking back through all his riddles, retacing my step I went back to where his first riddle was given to me.

When I arrived, I decided to sneak around so I could find him undetected. While perching, I looked around for the riddler. I didn't notice someone had snuck up on me. The next thing I knew, I was gassed, and my vision blacked out. All I could hear was the sound of two different laughters before I fell unconscious.

Meanwhile...

A large ship docked at Gotham Bay, and Talia Ah-Ghul stepped off it with several members of the league of Assassins. "After years, I'll finally be able to see my darling son again. I hope he found his betrothed," Talia said in a calm tone.

With that, she and her people began to make their way to Wayne Manor....

To be continued....