Chapter 9: Love Story Part 1 (Adrijohn)

Adrien's pov:

Adrien's pov:

Jagged Stone came to Gotham, and he's hosting a gala for his and Penny's engagement. Jagged used to live here in Gotham City, it's where he found his love for music. Marinette fixed some of the tears on our outfits from the last gala. I didn't feel like wearing my father's suit, so I changed into something more me. We headed to Jagged's house, which was bigger than my father's house but smaller than Wayne Manor's.

Jagged looked so happy to see Marinette and even happier to meet Damian. I walked around for any signs of Jon, but I didn't see him. I felt strong hands covering my eyes. "Missed me, my kitty?" a voice asked behind me.

I knew that voice, the hands moved as I turned around to see John. I smiled at the sight of seeing my crush again. Ever since the whole Luther got akumatised, we've been meeting up a couple of times. It turns out we have a lot in common, I want to tell him how I feel, but I'm afraid of what he might think. Before I could even speak to him, I saw my father here at the gala. "I've gotta go. Sorry," I said, then quickly rushed off.

The truth is, I didn't tell him about the Gotham Trip. I lied to him, saying that Mr. Wayne wanted me to help him. If he finds out that I lied about the trip, I'm in a world of trouble. Marinette was the one who helped me come up with the lie. She's more than my best friend, she's like my sister. Her family treated me like I was one of them, but it wasn't the same. My father never cared about me, so sometimes I sneak out and spend the night at Marinette's place.

I told Marinette that my fathers here and I needed a distraction so I could spend time with Jon. "I'll keep him busy. You and John get out of here fast," she ordered.

Once Marinette kept talking to my father, I asked John if he wanted to go somewhere quieter, and he told me he knew just the place. We snuck out of the party, then John grabbed my hand, and we were flying above the city. It was so beautiful until we flew above Metropolis and landed in the park. The stars were so beautiful but not as beautiful as Jojn's crystal blue eyes. Now's my chance, "John, I've been meaning to tell you something. I like you a lot." I said.

John blushed and told me that he felt the same way. He took me to one of the diners in Metropolis, which was amazing. I felt him holding my hand as I started to eat. We left the diner and then headed back to the gala before anyone saw that we were gone. We snuck back into the party but not before my father saw us together. "Father, I can explain..." I spoke softly.

"You disobeyed me, Adrien. You lied to me, and now you hang around this boy. Tomorrow morning you will return to Paris with me. Am I clear?" my father said harshly.

I didn't want to leave, but I couldn't disobey my father. John saw that I was upset, and then he called out my father, saying that he had no right to take me away from the people I love. He also told my father that he loves me. However, my father threatened John that he would never see me again or be allowed to go anywhere near me. John was heartbroken, and he ran out of there at lightning speed. "John, wait!" I called out.