Chapter 8: Alfred's Darkest Secret

Tikki's pov:

Tikki's pov:

Another day in Gotham City and another night with Goliath in Wayne Manor. Marinette and Damian have been acting strange lately after the fight with Akumatised Poison Ivy and the FlyTrap Sentimonster. When I asked Marinette about it, she told me that Alfred was hiding something. He flinched when she talked about Mayura, almost like he knew something. I plan to figure it out with some help from Goliath and Plagg.

Plagg came in through the window of the guest room that Marinette is staying in. "Hiya Sugar Cube. Where's Fangy at?" Plagg asked.

If it's one thing I hate more than Plagg's Camembert breath, it's the stupid nickname he calls me. Goliath is the same as me when Plagg calls him that nickname. "I already told you a million times not to call me that. I mean, do you ever hear me calling you Stinky Sock?" I asked Plagg.

"No, but you should. Anyway, are we ready to find out Alfred's secret?" he asked me.

I told him that we were waiting for Goliath who just showed up and with Sass, Trixx, Pollen, Long, and Wayzz. They wanted to help us find out Alfred's secret plus Wayzz said that it will have our owners learn more about the peacock miraculous. We waited till Alfred went down into the Batcave then we snuck into his room. "What exactly are we looking for?" Plagg asked.

Wayzz told us that we need to look for an old news article about a mystery hero in England. We scattered across the room to find it, but none of us could find it. Alfred must not want anyone to find it so bad if it affects him so much. Goliath searched under Alfred's bed then he spotted a hidden box and brought it out. He opened the box and inside were news articles, photos, and an old soldier uniform. "This has to be it," I said.

We looked through the photos and most of them were of this peacock hero that looks a lot like Alfred. "Master Fu was in England during the war. He gave the peacock miraculous to Alfred as a gift and he used his powers secretly in the war. However, he lost the miraculous but not before damaging it. Since then, it has haunted Alfred ever since." Wayzz explained.

So that's why he flinched when Marinette talked about Mayura because she was using his miraculous for evil and he feels like this is all his fault. We heard someone coming, we hid the box back under the bed then we hide in the dresser drawer. I took a peek through the drawer and saw Alfred walk in, he pulled out the box and sat on the bed, staring at the photo of him as a hero. He sheds a look of guilt on his face "I'm sorry Duusuu. I've failed you." he quietly said.

I felt so bad for him. Suddenly, an Akuma appeared in the room then it landed on Alfred's pocket watch, I heard HawkMoth speaking to him. "Time Destroyer, I am HawkMoth. I'm giving you the power to manipulate time as you, please. Even travel through time and erase the past. In return, you must bring me Ladybug and Cat Noir's miraculous." He explained.

"At your service, Master HawkMoth," said Alfred in a dark voice and transformed into Time Destroyer.

Marinette's pov:

Adrien came over to Wayne Manor with Alix for a bit. Something felt off for a bit, Tikki and the others have been gone for a long time, and I'm starting to get worried. And I had a good reason to be worried too. When we walked into the living room, both Tim and Jason are frozen. "What happened to them?" I asked.

My question is about to be answered. Another victim is akumataised by HawkMoth, this time it is Alfred. He calls himself Time Destroyer, he's planning to go back in time and fix his greatest mistake. We didn't know what his greatest mistake was but we can't let him travel back to the past or he could destroy the timeline. "We need to make sure he doesn't leave the manor and cause more trouble in the city," I said to Bruce.

Somehow when Bruce tried to lockdown the Manor, Time Destroyer was already out the door. "He can manipulate time. That's how he got out of here so fast. We're gonna need Bunnyix for this mission." Alya stated.

I gave Alix the Rabbit Miraculous a while back so she is Bunnyix. Tikki and the other kwamis came flying down with looks of fear. Tikki told us why Alfred was akumatised, he was the original owner of the peacock miraculous until he accidentally lost it. He's been guilty about it ever since that day. I feel so sorry for him, I know what it feels like to have failed as a hero. "Adrien, Damian, Alix, and Chloe, I need you guys to come with me. Alya, Nino, Luka, and Kagami help the Waynes defend their home in case Time Destroyer comes back." I ordered.

We transformed and then followed Time Destroyer. He's causing more and more chaos with his power. The pocket watch has to be where the Akuma is but we need him to stay still in order to snatch it away. However, every time we get close enough to grab it, he moves through time. Even Honey Bee can't land a sting on him "Too bad none of us are master thieves." said Cat Noir.

I called out my Lucky Charm which is a watch "At least we'll keep on track of the time." joked Cat Noir.

That's the idea, Bunnyix can use her power to catch up with him. But for this to work, I need one more person to help or rather another cat to help. And just like that, Catwoman appears on the rooftop. "I heard that Pennyworth got himself in trouble so Batman called me to help you guys. (sees Cat Noir) Meow, and who might you be, pretty kitty." she spoke in a silky voice to him.

Cat Noir started to blush around her as a sign of embarrassment. I told Catwoman to go with Bunnyix and wait for my signal. ShadowBat and Cat Noir lured Time Destroyer to the spot where Bunnyix was waiting. I looked at the watch and knew that in one minute, he'll fast-forward to the trap where Bunnyix will distract him while Catwoman grabs the pocket watch. "Right on time," I said.

Time Destroyer landed in the trap then Bunnyix kept him busy fighting. He was so focused that he didn't see Catwoman snatch the pocket watch from him. By the time he reached for the watch, he was too late "Times up Akuma." I said and destroyed the watch.

I captured the Akuma and fixed every bit of damage caused by Time Destroyer. Alfred snapped out of the transformation "How in her majesty's name did I get here?" he asked.

Once we explained what happened, he felt so terrible for what he did. We brought him back to the Manor, Dick practically tackled Alfred with a hug. I promised Alfred that we'll get his miraculous back from Mayura.