ᴛᴡᴏ

∞ 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄∞

_______________________________________

"Is she dead?" Chae-Yeong heard a voice ask as she opened her eyes

"Is she dead?" Chae-Yeong heard a voice ask as she opened her eyes. "Did you kill her?"
"Ah! I didn't kill her! Shut up!"

As her vision blurred, she found three people staring at her with worry in their eyes. One of them was the girl with glasses and short hair that she saw earlier and there were two more boys: one with a scarf tied around his neck and one that was chubbier. She pressed a hand to her head as a vein in her forehead started to throb.

"Where am I?" she asked them as she looked around. She was in some kind of infirmary.
"Oh, good, you're not dead," the boy with the scarf said. "I am Wang Tae-Man." He extended a hand, but the girl quickly slapped it away.
"You are in our school infirmary," she said as her eyes traveled to Chae-Yeong's abdomen. "Your bleeding stopped on our way here, but you fainted." She slowly looked down and she saw that the shard wasn't there anymore, an improvised bandage putting pressure on the wound.
"Did you do this?" she asked the three kids as she pointed to the wound.
"Ah, no, that was Lieutenant Lee," the girl said. "Then he left you here and said to take care of you."
"And do you know how to?" she asked them as she started untying the bandage. She knew the answer the moment they hesitated to answer.
"No."
"That's what I thought. You two boys can go, there is no need for so many hands here. What's your name?" she said as she looked at the girl.
"Kim Yu-Jung."
"Yu-Jung, I need you to find me bandages, hydrogen peroxide, rivanol and stitches."
She only nodded before she started searching through the cabinets. Chae-Yeong was examining her wound before slowly rising her head to the boys who were still looking at her. "I remember I told you to go."
"Y-You did, but I think we should-"
"Look, I get that you want to be helpful, but right now, the only thing you can do for me is getting out of this room." The boys looked at each other and then slowly nodded before leaving the infirmary. "Have you found anything?" she then asked Yu-Jung.
"Yeah, I'm coming." The girl put the resources that she found on the table next to her bed and took a sit in the chair nearby. "Do you need stitches?"
"Yeah. Do you know how to do it?" A moment of silence.
"No, at least I don't think so." This was going to be harder than she thought.
"That's alright, I can do it myself." She started cleaning her wound, careful not to provoke any more pain than she already felt. "You can go now," she told Yu-Jung as she finished, "I'll manage something."
"Are you sure?" Chae-Yeong nodded and the girl sat up and then left the room, hesitant as to leave her alone.

The truth was that she didn't want the girl to see her while doing the sutures, knowing that it will be painful as it was in the abdomen zone. She drove the thread through the needle and then made her best not to scream in pain as she felt it rip through her flash. She had done three before she heard a knock and lifted her head to the door. Chun-Ho was standing on the doorstep and looking at her. She felt a bead of sweat forming on her forehead before she wiped it off with a shaking hand.