ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ ⁽ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁾

∞ 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄∞

_______________________________________

"Won-Bin is awake," she heard a voice say as two hands were shaking her awake

"Won-Bin is awake," she heard a voice say as two hands were shaking her awake. Chae-Yeong opened her eyes to see Chun-Ho over her head. She got up when she finally processed those words and made her way to the infirmary, Chun-Ho following behind.

It was still dark outside, so he must have woken not long after she went to sleep. They entered the infirmary and the first thing she laid her eyes on was Won-Bin, eyes open and looking outside the window. He turned his head as he heard her footsteps getting closer and put on a smile.

"How are you feeling?" she asked him as she took a seat beside his bed.
"I'm fine, just a little stiff. I heard you are the one who saved my life, so I wanted to thank you."
"Shut up, you were shot in the shoulder, it wasn't life threatening, you would have lived even if I wasn't here to fix you up. You're a though guy." He laughed and then he flinched, pain on his face. "Although please don't destroy my work and try moving as little as possible. I gave you a pain killer, but it's not going to hold forever. So get some rest and get better, ok?"
"Ok, ok, Miss 'I didn't save your life'." She laughed at that and lifted her head to see Chun-Ho do the same. "I'm going to sleep now, you should do that too, you look like a train hit you. Oh, and please take care of this man while I'm unable," he said and he tipped his head in the direction of Chun-Ho. She only nodded before she got up and made her way to the door, leaving Won-Bin to rest. She turned around to Chun-Ho.

"How are you doing?" she asked him, worried, as she saw this whole situation was taking a hart turn on him.
"Could've been better, but I'll manage. We should go, I told Yu-Jung to gather the kids, I have to tell you something."
"What's this about?"
"We're returning to the camp tomorrow."
"What?"
"You'll see," he said as he started moving, Chae-Yeong going after him.

They entered a room where all the kids were waiting for the Lieutenant to come. He stood in front of them as he started talking. "As soon as the sun rises tomorrow, we will withdraw and return to the camp."
"What? Can we do that? What about the mission?"
"I can't guarantee your safety here. We can't even figure out how many spheres are out there. And if they attack us all together, we won't be able to handle them."
"Look, Mr. Lee," Duk-Jong said. "With what happened last time, won't you get in trouble if you keep disobeying orders?" Chae-Yeong's heart shrienked.
"I've just decided that your safety is the current priority. I'll take responsibility. Don't worry. The sentinels should make sure to keep guard on alert. The rest should go to bed. We'll take off right when the morning comes.

Chae-Yeong stormed off before he finished what he was saying. She was mad at him, she was mad at his superiors, she was mad at herself, she was mad at the whole world. She darted through the hallways and got into an empty classroom. She paced back and forth until she couldn't contain her anger anymore and kicked a desk, cursing as she did so. She cursed as she flipped over one more desk, hand going through her hair.