ɴɪɴᴇ

∞ 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄∞

_______________________________________

"This is it," Ji-Eun said as they stood in front of a large mansion

"This is it," Ji-Eun said as they stood in front of a large mansion. Chae-Yeong and Chun-Ho looked at each other as they both took a step forward. This wasn't what they were thinking when the group told them they had a place. "Come in," Ji-Eun told them as she stepped aside to let them go inside first.

As they stepped in, the first thing they saw was a huge staircase and, in front of it, a large table with flowers on it. She didn't even think about it before, but this was the first time in a long time she saw flowers. All that was to be seen outside now was destruction and chaos. Seong-Jin turned around as Ha-Yun continued walking and went upstairs, without even looking back once.

"So, how do you like it so far?" he asked them as he tipped his head. Chae-Yeong noticed he did that a lot, when he first spoke with them and several times when he was talking to Ha-Yun.
"I must confess, this is not what I was expecting."
"We like living in style."

Chae-Yeong heard voices from upstairs as two pairs of feet appeared on the stairs. She looked at the two people coming down, a man and a woman, looking just as young as the others did. They both stopped as soon as they saw her and Chun-Ho, eyes shifting between them.

"Who are these?" the woman asked Seong-Jin.
"Our new friends."
"They are going to repair our car," Ji-Eun told them. The woman's face, who she assumed was the Da-Mi she spoke of before, lit up as soon as she heard those words.
"Really? Han, did you hear that? We can finally leave!" The man just nodded. "I'm Ra Da-Mi," she said as she approached Chae-Yeong and extended a hand. She took it, noticing how small her hands were.
"Nam Chae-Yeong."
"Is this your boyfriend?" Chae-Yeong froze, not knowing what to tell her. They didn't get to have that conversation yet, they almost died a few hours ago.
"Yes," he said and she turned her head, looking at him with big eyes. "Lee Chun-Ho."
"Are you soldiers?" Da-Mi asked as she looked at their clothes.
"I'm not, he is," Chae-Yeong said. "How did you find this place?"
"It's a friend's. She and her family left when the spheres started appearing, so this place is ours now. We reinforced it and we've been staying here for a few weeks now."
"And why do you want to leave?"
"We want to go to Seoul. There is nothing left here and this place is lurking with spheres."
"Yeah, about that," Seong-Jin said. "Do you know the loud boom that we heard yesterday? They blew up a school and killed most of the spheres in the area."
"You did that?" the man asked them. Chae-Yeong nodded. "Damn."
"That makes sense," Da-Mi said. "You look like you just got up from the dead. I'll look for some clothes for you, Ji-Eun can show you where the showers are."

From the moment Chae-Yeong heard the word 'showers', her mind shut down. Ji-Eun took her to a bedroom that had a private shower and left her, saying she will bring her the clothes in a few minutes. Chae-Yeong only nodded before she opened the door to the bathroom and she started crying as she saw the shampoo pleading her to use it. She undressed as quick as she could and stepped in, letting the water pour down on her. Hot water, not just any kind of water. She stayed in the shower until she felt like the blood and sweat and dust have finally left her body and then wrapped herself in a towel. She got out of the bathroom and looked at the clothes on the bed. She put on the clothes and then qent to the bathroom to look in the mirror. The cargo pants were a little loose on her and the black T-shit was baggy, but she was grateful that she got to change out of the military uniform.