ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

∞ 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄∞

_______________________________________

"Are you kidding me?" Chae-Yeong yelled as she entered the bedroom, taking off he cap

"Are you kidding me?" Chae-Yeong yelled as she entered the bedroom, taking off he cap. "What the hell is wrong with you?"
"Did I do something wrong?" Chun-Ho didn't even glance at her as he drew something on the map in front of him
"Are you serious right now? You're asking me what you did wrong?"
"I know that I did something, because you're yelling at me, but I'll have to be honest when I tell you I don't know what I did."
"You're not even looking at me." He lifted his head, still holding the pen in hid hand. 
"I'm looking at you. What's wrong?"
"Everything about this whole situation, that's what's wrong, Chun-Ho," she told him as she stepped toward where he was seated. "You're keeping your plans for yourself. Again. And we both agreed not to do that anymore."
"I'm not keeping things from you, Chae-Yeong."
"You are, you did that when I told you about the kids and you're still doing it. You didn't even discuss it with me, you just decided what we were going to do with this situation by yourself! I don't get a say in this?"
"You don't want to go and find them?"
"That's not what I meant."
"It sounds like that is what you meant," he said and she could tell by his voice that he was getting angry. But he had no right to do that right now. "It sounds like you regret finding them now. This is why we stayed here in the first place, Chae-Yeong, to look for them. This is the reason why we didn't go back to the camp."
"Why are you mad at me now? I'm not the one that assumed what the other one wants without even asking."
"Then don't come, alright?" She looked at him, trying to find a response, but nothing came. She felt a strange feeling in her chest, as if something melted. This is not what he meant, she kept telling herself. She waited for him to take back what he said, but he never did, he never noticed the hurt on her face.
"You didn't even ask me if I was alright when I came back. You only asked about the kids," she found the voice to say.
"I'm sorry, ok? I have a lot on my mind and I'm tired." Chun-Ho put a hand on his forehead as he looked back at the map.

"I killed someone today," she said as she felt the tears stinging in her eyes, not daring to let them go. He looked at her again, worry in his eyes. But it made no difference today. "Two people, actually. Shot them both in the head. One of them wanted to rape Ae-Seol." She gulped. "The other had a gun pointed at Bo-Ra."
"Chae-Yeong, I'm sorry," he said as he got up and approached her. "I didn't know." He raised his hand to hug her, but she took a step back. If she would tell him about it, she would start crying, and that was the last thing that she wanted this moment. 
"You didn't ask." She looked at him, gulping as she saw his face. "I'm sleeping with Ha-Yun tonight, I need to think about all of this."
"Chae-Yeong, please -"
"I. Need. To. Think. So please, leave me alone."

Chae-Yeong turned around and didn't look at him again before she closed the door behind her. She closed her eyes as she pushed the image of the two men dead aside. The tears were still in her eyes, though. She made her way downstairs as she looked for Ha-Yun. She was there with her, she knew what happened, she saw what happened, she would understand her. Chae-Yeong searched for the familiar face and finally saw her going in the kitchen. She almost went after her, just before Seong-Jin followed Ha-Yun in the kitchen. She cursed as she turned around, making her way to the garage. She closed the door behind her and leaned back, collapsing to the ground, her body shaking with violent sobs. Her trembling hands were stained with blood, and the weight of what she had done bore down on her like a suffocating darkness. The metallic scent of death filled the air, mingling with her tears. She blinked, and the blood was gone.