ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

∞ 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄∞

_______________________________________

𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞𝗦 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥

𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞𝗦 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥

"How can you be so indifferent about it? You kicked ass!" Ji-Eun said as she took of her jacket.
"Well, get used to it," Chae-Yeong said as she made her way to the living room.
"Anything interesting?" Seong-Jin asked as they entered the room. "Except from the fact that Chae-Yeong 'kicked ass' as we already knew from before," he continued when Ji-Eun opened her mouth.
"Nothing much," said Chun-Ho and flopped on the sofa. Chae-Yeong sat beside him, looking at the ceiling. They had nothing new on the kids, they've been checking all these places, but it was all pointless. Maybe they moved somewhere else, or worse. They were dead. A vision of the dream came back to her as she opened her eyes and shoved it aside. She found herself thinkin from time to time about that, but she never dared to say anything about it to Chun-Ho. It was just a dream. Right?
"We're almost out of bullets," Ha-Yun said. "How are Han and Da-Mi?"
"Better. Da-Mi's fever came down and Han started eating again. They should be good in a few days."

As it got colder and colder outside, it was easier to get sick. Unfortunately, Han and Da-Mi were victims of the cold and now they were isolated in their room. They didn't want to give it to the others, so Seong-Jin was the only one that was allowed to enter the room, as he had a good immunity. Chae-Yeong caught a cold two weeks ago and she stayed in bed for a whole day, Chun-Ho having to feed her, but she got better the next day. It wasn't the same for Da-Mi and Han, they've been sick for a few days now, and they have all been worried about them. Chae-Yeong noticed the relief on everyone's faces as Seong-Jin told them they were doing better.

"I'll go make us some dinner," Chae-Yeong said and got up, making her way to the kitchen. She took out the rice and some conserves, placing them on the counter. Their meals were getting poorer, they haven't found anything else than canned food in the last few weeks. But they could manage, they were grateful they still had food on their table, even if it was not the best. She rinsed the rice and put the pot on the stove, leaning on the counter as she closed her eyes. She was tired and all that she wanted that moment was to go to sleep.

She felt a pair of hands on her waist and smiled, feeling the familiar warm behind her as she smiled. Chun-Ho put his chin on her shoulder, wrapping his hands around her waist. She leaned back into his touch, savoring the feeling. She loved how he made her feel safe, how only the presence of him made her day better. They've grown so much closer in the last weeks that she almost felt like she has known him for a few years, not a few months.

"What's wrong?" he asked her. He always noticed every single thing about her.
"Just tired," she mumbled. "After all, I did kick ass." He laughed as he loosened his grip, turning her around so she would face him.
"I'm almost scared of you when you're out there, fighting the spheres. You look more dangerous than usual." She hit him in the arm. "Ow, what was that for?"
"You just told me that I am scary! If this is how you want to charm any girl, it's not working."
"Well then, it's a good thing I'm not trying to charm 'any girl'. And I think you've already been charmed by me, sorry to inform you." She rolled her eyes and tried turning around, but his hands on her waist tightened.
"Who said that you charmed me?"
"So now you're neglecting it," he said as she held back a smile. "Let's see then, will this charm you?" He pressed his lips to hers as she wrapped her hands around his neck. She felt like the kiss lasted only a second, but she knew it wasn't like that, because when their lips parted, she was out of breath. "Charmed now?" he asked her and smiled. She loved that smile.
"You'll have to trust your gut on that. Now let me resume my cooking or everyone will be left starving." He let out a laugh as he let her go, leaning over the counter and watching her as she stirred in the pot.