ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

∞ 𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄∞

_______________________________________

"Chae-Yeong!" she heard someone scream as she opened her eyes, ears ringing

"Chae-Yeong!" she heard someone scream as she opened her eyes, ears ringing. "Chae-Yeong!" As her vision unblurred, she saw a ray of light in the middle of the dark. She tried getting up, but it was like something was holding her back. She was trapped under something heavy. She raised a shaking hand, grunting as she tried to push whatever was on top of her aside, but there was no effect. "Chae-Yeong!" she heard the same voice call, closer this time. Or maybe it was just because the ringing in her ears dimmed. She heard rattling as the ray of light became bigger and bigger, until she had to squint her eyes. A face appeared in front of her, holding both sides of her face as the voice spoke again. "Chae-Yeong, do you hear me?" She nodded, regretting that she did that, because it hurt like hell. "Wait, don't move."
"I couldn't do that even if I wanted, my feet are trapped," she said and she saw a smile appear on Chun-Ho's face. "Don't just stand there and smile, help me," she told him, even if she had a smile on her face too. He lifted up the boulder that kept on pressing on her feet as she slipped out from under. "We're alive?"
"Does it look like we're dead to you?" She started laughing.
"That was a really stupid to do, jumping from that height, wasn't it?"
"It was, but it saved our lives. I think it's been a few hours since the explosion, so the fact that we weren't killed by the spheres yet is a good thing."
"Then we succeeded, didn't we?" He nodded. "The kids?"
"I don't know, I woke up a few minutes ago and started looking for you. I was afraid that you died."
"I told you it wasn't easy to get rid of me," Chae-Yeong said and he started laughing. "Can you walk?" she said as she tipped her head in the direction of his bad foot.
"I'm limping, but I should manage. Can you get up?" She exhaled before she got up, letting Chun-Ho support her. She hurt everywhere, but there didn't seem to be any damage except a few scratches here and there. She rubbed a hand over her face and when she looked at it, there was blood. She must have hit her head when she fell. She had to take a look at it later. Chun-Ho seemed to have observed that too as he looked at her with worry. She didn't give him the chance to say anything before she spoke up.
"It's nothing, only a small injury. We should go somewhere safer, there may be more spheres that weren't killed. Do you have your transmitter with you?"
"No, I left it on the desk before we jumped. And even if we find it, there is only a small chance that it would still work." She nodded as she wrapped his arm over her shoulders. 

They left the school behind as they made their way toward Seolbong Building, Chae-Yeong letting Chun-Ho lean into her as they were walking. They got inside, going up until they reached the rooftop. They sat on the edge, looking down at the ruins and the city ahead of them. 

"What will happen now?" Chae-Yeong dared to ask. "The kids are gone, they probably think that we are dead and returned to the camp with Won-Bin. And we don't have any guns, you are limping, we don't have any food, no water, we're alone and -" She stopped when Chun-Ho cupped her face, turning her head to face him. She looked in his eyes, as she tried keeping the tears from falling, but she knew she failed as soon as he started wiping them
"We'll figure it out, ok? Together." She nodded, trying to calm herself down. He pulled her closer, holding her head with one hand to his chest and patting her back with the other as she silently sobbed. They stayed like that for a while, him holding her close as she slowly calmed down. She wiped her tears as she shuffled back. "Better?" he asked her.
"Much. Thank you." He smiled at her as she looked back at the city. "We can't stay here, we should try finding a store or something. It should be safe for a while, we eliminated all the spheres from the area," she said as she got up, looking for her gun when she remembered he didn't have one anymore. "Let's go."