Chapter 4: The Favor

[3rd person]

"I invited Jieun to eat lunch with us today," Yongguk said, finding his way to his group of friends in the cafeteria.

"So she's really gonna sit with us?" Jongup asked.

"Nope. She said no thanks." Yongguk said and his friends laughed at him.

"Why are you so interested in that girl?"

"Well...she's hot isn't she?" Yongguk eyes followed Jieun who was paying for her lunch. He was about to raise his hand for Jieun to notice him, but Daehyun caught up to her and went to sit together at a table. "Why is she sitting with him?"

"I've never seen you so whipped," Zelo commented. "So what are you gonna do about Daehyun?"

"I don't plan to do anything. She told me that guy likes someone else."

Zelo looked over his shoulder and saw Jieun blushing when Daehyun was talking to her. "I don't think that's gonna stop her from liking him."

Yongguk glared in Daehyun direction and tried to restrain himself from getting up and punching him in the face.

"Jieun-ah~"

"Nayeon! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," Nayeon is my closet girl friend that I have in this school. She's in a different class so we barely get to see eachother. "How are you?"

"I'm good, I hope you didn't forget that my birthday's coming up soon." She handed me an invitation for her birthday party. "I invited everyone in our year."

"Everyone? Even those annoying guys from my class?" I grimaced.

"Yeah everyone, they don't seem that annoying, and my party will be so fun! I hope you go!" I really didn't want to pass up the offer. Nayeon's family is really rich so there's no doubt that it will be a great party.

"Of course I'll be there. But I have to ask my mom first."

"Aw Jieun, I think you're the only person in our year who still has to ask her mom for permission to go somewhere."

Yeah, that was embarrassing. Mom is way too strict and doesn't usually allow me to go to parties. Later that night, I fixed up dinner so asking her permission would be a bit easier.

"So mom, Nayeon is having a birthday party this weekend. Is it ok if I go?"

"I don't think you should be out partying. I'd prefer if you stayed home and studied."

"But I always just stay home and I really wanted to go to her party," I pleaded.

"No."

I furrowed my eyebrows and thought for a quick second, "Wait. What if I go with Yongguk? Nayeon said our whole year is invited to her party."

"Yongguk?" Mom beamed, "Is he going to pick you up and you go there together?"

"Um y-yeah....sure...."

"Alright. Just make sure you don't stay out too late ok?"

I couldn't tell if I was mad that the only way I was able to go to this party was if I brought up Yongguk's name, or if I was happy that I'm actually able to go. Now the bad thing was telling Yongguk. I was thinking of just lying, but mom said she wanted to see Yongguk before we went to the party together.

A/N* sorry this is a short chapter, i wanted to separate what happens in this chapter and the next. the next chapter is coming up very soon~ Also don't forget to follow and vote for the chapters :) It would make me feel so accomplished if each of my chapters had at least 5 votes <3 (lol that's too much to ask)