Chapter 39: Part 1

During a random day of the week, the entire senior class was called into the gym for a special presentation. No one knew what was going on, but Nayeon and I got separated from the other guys and ended up sitting near the front while they were in the back.

"Alright everyone, listen up!" The principal yelled into the megaphone which caused everyone to shut their mouths. "Today we're having a presentation from the school district because since you are all young adults, we believe that this is vital information for you to know. Please welcome the guest speaker." He gestured to a man and woman who took the floor and we all clapped.

"What do you think they're going to talk about?" Nayeon asked me.

"I don't know, maybe about college?" I presumed.

"Hello everyone." The young man said. "Today we are here to talk about a topic that may be a little sensitive, but as your principal said, this is vital information for you all to know. Today, we are going to talk about sex education."

"Ohp. Nevermind. This isn't about college." I said again to Nayeon. The students were all quite confused. Our school has never had a presentation like this before and it was a little weird having this discussion with teachers around.

[3rd Person]

"Hey Yongguk," Himchan nudged. "This is a lecture that you should actually pay attention to."

"Shut up," Yongguk frowned at his friends who were making fun of him.

"Himchan's right. You don't want something to go wrong and during the "process" and you and Jieun end up having a little crying burrito while you're still teenagers." Jongup added.

"Did you just refer to a baby as a burrito?" Youngjae muttered.

The rest of the presentation talked about peer pressure, contraceptives, and planned parenthood, everyone was pretty mature about everything up until the guest speakers asked the principal to demonstrate putting a condom on a banana. That's when things got uncomfortable and no one wanted to watch that.

At the end, the guest speakers were actually all giving out a condom packet to everyone in the gym.

"Hey do you need mine?" Himchan teased.

"Yeah let's just give ours to Yongguk, he's probably gonna be stupid anyway and forget to use it though." Zelo played along.

"Stop messin'around." Yongguk tried to ignore all of his friends who threw the plastic packets at his head.

"So are you saying that you don't want it?" Jongup said.

"No I don't...plan to do that..." Yongguk said awkwardly.

"Really? But Jieun just took one."

"What?" Yongguk looked down on the bleachers and saw that the guest speaker just put one in Jieun's hands. He expected her to throw it on the floor or try to give it to Nayeon, but instead, she just put it in her backpack.

"Oh. Well that's kinda surprising." Himchan noted.

----

"That presentation today was so freakin weird. Especially when they made the principal---no, no I'm completely removing that image from my memory right now." Nayeon hit the sides of her head with her palms and shut her eyes.

"I think it was important for us to know. We're all already teenagers and we are going to college soon. We're old enough to know about these things." Jieun said.

"Hmmm," Nayeon squinted her eyes and tapped her chin, "You and Yongguk haven't yet, have you?"

Jieun shook her head, "No."