Chapter 29: Define the Relationship

Our school had a 3 day weekend, so we all decided to take advantage of this mini vacation and go on a road trip. It was pretty random, but dad was still trying to make it up to me and buy my forgiveness, so he offered to pay for a trip out of the city with some friends.

Yongguk's dad lent us his van so all 8 of us could ride together. Yongguk and Zelo were in the front, Himchan, Youngjae, and Jongup were in the middle, and Daehyun, Nayeon and I rode in the back. We've been driving for a few hours and almost everyone in the van was knocked out.

"Hey," Nayeon whispered to me, "this trip would be a good time for you and Yongguk to 'define' your relationship."

"What do you mean?" I whispered back.

"You guys have been a ""thing"" for a while now, but I have never heard anything about him asking you to be his girlfriend, right?"

I looked all the way to the rear view mirror and saw Yongguk's eyes diligently facing forward,"Is it really a big deal?"

"Yes! It is!" Nayeon said in a loud whisper, making everyone stir in their sleep. "Do you not know anything? You never even called him your boyfriend and he's never called you his girlfriend and I ship you guys so much so you have no idea how much it hurts."

"Well since I've never had a boyfriend before, it's never occurred to me," I said truthfully. I kind of assumed that Yongguk was technically my boyfriend but I never realized that I haven't actually called him my boyfriend before.

In the next hour, we all arrived at the resort. Everyone sat in the lobby while Yongguk and I went to check in. "Hey I think I know that person," Yongguk pointed to the guy at the front desk. And he kept staring at him until the guy looked up.

"Oh hey...Yongguk?" the worker pitched his voice at the end, unsure if he recognized the right person.

"Oh turns out I do know him." Yongguk started walking up to the front desk, "We were both interns for your dad at one time."

"Hey, are you guys here to check in?" the guy asked.

"Yes, reservations for Song Jieun," I answered and was handed me the room keys.

"Yeah so this is Minhyuk," Yongguk started the introductions, "and this is..."

Here it is. He's gonna introduce me. How will he say it? 'This is my girlfriend Jieun' or 'this Jieun, the love of my life.' Ok I started laughing to myself at those thoughts and Yongguk and his friend were probably thinking that I was really weird.

"...and this is Jieun." Yongguk said plainly. I looked at him with a hint of disappointment. It wasn't even a special introduction...Ugh I hate Nayeon for getting these thoughts into my head.

We all went to our rooms and put our luggage away. Himchan, Jongup, and Youngjae shared a room, Daehyun, Zelo, and Yongguk shared a room, and of course, Nayeon and I shared a room. After, we all went out to see what we could do. Yongguk and Himchan were walking in the front trying to lead the group and I decided to have a chat with Zelo.

"Hey Zelo, has Yongguk ever had a girlfriend before?" I just came out and asked him.

"Nope. You're the closest thing he's ever had to a girlfriend," Zelo replied. But 'the closest thing he's ever had'???? Does Zelo not even think of us as a real couple either?

"What." Zelo looked down at me with an arched eyebrow and I just blinked at him. "C'mon, what's that weird look you have on your face?"

"I was just thinking...it's not a big deal that Yongguk has never asked me to be his girlfriend before, right?"