Chapter 38: You're Kinda Hot When You Look Like You Want to Stab Me

"Hey, why are you so nervous?" I placed my hand on top of Yongguk's who was using all of his might to grasp onto the arm rest of the seat.

"I've never been on a plane before. It feels really weird." Yongguk shuddered while he shut his eyes closed.

I giggled at him. He always tried to act tough but he's literally a baby. "Hey, well if I knew that you were gonna act like this for the whole plane ride to America, I should have brought Nayeon with me."

"I'm fine." Yongguk gulped. "I just need to hold on to something."

I peaked my head out into the aisle to see if I could get a pillow from the flight attendant for Yongguk to hold on to. Just as I was about to get one of the attendant's attention, I felt something on my thigh. I looked down and saw that Yongguk placed his hand there.

I rolled my eyes, "Wouldn't you much rather hold on to a pillow?"

"No, this is alright." He smirked as he slickly tried to move his hand to my upper thigh.

I moved my hand down to slap him, but his reflexes were too fast that he was able to pull away and I ended up slapping myself. Which really hurt.

-----

We arrived at our hotel in the evening and I went to the bathroom to change into shorts and a crewneck sweater for sleep. When I got out, Yongguk went in. Just as I was about to sit down on the bed, there was a knock at the door.

I opened the door and basically, just omg. "Oh my god Kris." I haven't said his name in months. "What are you doing here??"

"Hey Jieun! Are you happy to see me?" He pulled me into a tight hug and I just stood stagnant, still in shock.

"Um yeah sure." I forced a smile. It's not that I wasn't happy to see him, but you know, the last time we saw each other was pretty awkward and it ended in this weird situation and yikes.

"I heard from your dad that you flew here for the UCLA orientation and he asked me to help you around LA if you need any help. I also happen to be attending the orientation tomorrow as well."

"W-wow really?"

"Yup, we're gonna be going to the same school this fall." Kris smiled his usual charming smile.

"Jieun, are you ready to go to bed?"

I spun around and saw Yongguk emerge from the bathroom in a sleeveless white shirt and joggers. His eyes immediately narrowed once he saw who was standing with me in the doorway.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Yongguk put his hand on my hip and caused me to take a few steps back from Kris.

"It's nice to see you too, Yongguk." Kris said which Yongguk responded with a scoff. "I just visited to let Jieun know that if she needs anything while she's in LA, that she can always call me."

"How nice of you." Yongguk said flatly.

"Well then, goodnight Jieun. I'll see you at the orientation in the morning." Kris waved to me, ignoring the fact that Yongguk was by my side, and left.

"Don't tell me he got accepted to UCLA too." Yongguk whined.

"It's alright Yongguk. It's a really big school so I doubt that we'd even see each other in the school year. Hey, it's already late. We have to wake up early so let's go to bed now." I hugged Yongguk and gave him a small kiss before walking to my bed.

He watched me as I covered myself in the blankets before he slowly went to his bed.

"Goodnight." I leaned over to switch off the desk lamp between our two beds.