Chapter 21: THUMP

A/N* posted chapter 20 & 21 in such close proximity so make you read the previous chapter before this:)

Last night was awkward (well technically it was the morning, but you know what I mean). Dad just kept sighing and saying that he shouldn't have let me go to Yongguk's house in the first place. He took my cellphone away and sent me to my room to "think about what I've done."

 Going down the stairs, I was surprised to see dad flipping pancakes by the stove again.

"Good morning, Jieun." He set up a place for me at the table again.

"You're making pancakes? You're not still mad?"

"I'm still mad. But not at you, I'm mad at that boy." Dad poured me a glass of water and placed it on the table.

"Dad, you're way too harsh on Yongguk. You don't even know him and I don't like the way you act every time you see him."

"I don't really like your choice of friends. It was irresponsible of him to keep you at his house for so long." Well I guess we can see where I've gotten my stubbornness from.

"Well that doesn't really matter because you're only staying here for a few days anyway," Now I was the one who was having a stare down with my dad. Our concentration broke when I heard my phone on the kitchen counter. I stood up and as I reached for it, dad snatched it away.

"I took away your phone last night, remember? Oh, Yongguk texted you." He glanced at the screen and placed it in his pocket. What the hell? Why was he being so sassy with me?

"When are you going to give it back to me?"

"Maybe after tonight. We're going to a dinner." Dad said smugly and took a bite of his food.

"Why are we going out for dinner?" I questioned.

"It's a business dinner with my friend and he's bringing his kids, so you can entertain them while we sign contracts."

"What? Do I really have to go?" I didn't want to be taking care of kids who would most likely be running around the restaurant.

"If all goes well, I'll give you your phone back."  I'm proud of Yongguk for resisting the urge to punch my dad in the face, because I wanted to punch him too.

---------------------------------

Wow. A five star restaurant. I guess this is the kind of place that business people usually go to. The hostess led my dad and I into a private room that was separated from all of the other customers. Not long after, the door opened again and an older guy came in. Dad bowed so I followed after him.

"Nam-ssi," the man greeted dad.

"Yoon Hanbyul, it's nice too see you. This is my daughter, Song Jieun." Dad looked at me and I bowed for the second time.

"Oh yes, my kids are on their way too, here they are." A girl who looked about 13 walked into the room.

"Hello, I'm Irene Yoon." She was so cute.

"And where's that son of mine? He's always lagging behind." Mr. Yoon turned to look behind him.

"Hello, I'm here," A tall boy sauntered in wearing a casual suit and his hair was nicely styled.

"This is my son, introduce yourself," Mr. Yoon placed his hand on his son's shoulder.

"I'm Kris Yoon." When dad said his friend was bringing his kids, I expected them to be like 5, but his kids were both teenagers. They also looked really Americanized.