Chapter 33: Sick

I kept shifting in my bed, rolling side to side and flipping my pillow over and over again. It was late in the afternoon and I had to miss school because I got a random fever. I was bored to death.

Some of the guys texted me earlier asking where I was and I told them all that I was on my death bed--just an exaggeration. I didn't want to get up though because I was too lightheaded so I decided to take a nap.

I woke up to mom brushing her soft hand on my forehead, probably to check my temperature. "Mom?"

"Nope. It's your boyfriend." I fully opened my eyes now and saw Yongguk standing next to my bed. He just loves saying the word 'boyfriend.'

"Your mom let me in." He explained.

"Oh," I bunched my blankets closer to my face, "Your hand was so soft, I thought you were my mom."

"Um thanks? Anyway, how are you feeling?"

"Cold and bored." I sniffed.

"Well good thing I'm here then," He bent down in an attempt to kiss my cheek when my door opened.

"How's my baby feeling? Oh. You're here too."

Yongguk straightened himself out before his lips could even touch my cheek," Hi dad, how are you?"

My dad scrunched up his face and came more into the bedroom, "Don't call me that. I'm not your father. Anyway Jieun, I heard you were sick, is there anything that you need me to get for you?"

"Ummm," I thought as my eyes slowly closed, "I would like some ramen. Is it ok if you go and buy some at the store?"

"Of course. I'll be back soon," Dad waltzed over to the door, "If you touch Jieun while I'm gone, I hope you get sick too," He threatened Yongguk before he left.

"Bye dad, be safe," Yongguk smiled and waved. "I think your dad is starting to like me."

"If you say so," I mumbled.

"Well anyway, since you're sick, you are free to give any of your requests to me. Anything that you want, I'll do it for you." Yongguk got down on one knee as if he was offering himself as a servant.

"Thanks," I stifled a laugh, "But it's probably best if you go home. I might be contagious."

"That's fine, I'll stay here as long as you need me," He brought his lips near my ear and I heard him whisper, "Anything for my princess."

At that point I started coughing uncontrollably and pushed his face away from mine, "Hajima. Don't say weird things like that." (a/n* I love the Hajima MV LOL)

Yongguk started laughing to himself. Ugh, he just wanted me to feel uncomfortable.

"Hmph. Can you just get me two pillows from my cabinet please?"

Yongguk grabbed the pillows and made his way back to me. "Why do you need so many pillows?"

"I want another one for my head and the other to hold."

"Here, I'll put it there for you," he lifted my head and stacked the pillow on top of the other one. "Why don't I just stay in bed with you and you can hold onto me?"

I turned away at the sight of his smirk. This would be the part where I tell him to stop messing around and keep his distance from me, but now that he's my boyfriend, I actually do prefer to hold him more than my pillow. But....

"Yeah but...I'm really sick though. You're definitely gonna catch whatever I have."

"It's ok, I have a strong immune system," Yongguk proceeded to take off his jacket and lift the covers so that he could lay next to me. Once he settled, I wrapped my arms around his left arm and put my leg on top of his like a koala.

Yongguk chuckled, "If I were to ask you this a few months ago, you probably wouldn't let me near you at all."

"Yeah because I hated you before," I tired to tease but was too sluggish.

"I know. You made Mr. Shin give me a detention everyday just for talking to you. But I know you couldn't resist me. That's why you made me pretend to be your boyfriend."

"I didn't have a choice. My mom liked you and the only way I could leave the house was if you were with me...I don't regret asking you that favor though." I admitted while resting my head on his chest.

I closed my eyes once again, but then I heard the front door open and close. "My dad just got back. You should probably get out of the bed before he comes in here again."

"You should have told him to stay out and buy more things so he wouldn't have been back so soon." Yongguk said grumpily.

-------------------------------

"You see. I told you that you were gonna get sick. But you literally never listen to me." I said as Daehyun, Zelo, and I were visiting Yongguk who was now bedridden with a fever that he caught from me.

"I was able to spend time with you, so it was worth it." He gave me a cheesy smile as I pulled out the thermometer from his mouth. Daehyun and Zelo, who were standing as far as possible in the corner of Yongguk's bedroom, made fake gagging noises. I wouldn't blame them.

"Alright well I had tons of fun watching Yongguk lie down in a bed," Zelo said sarcastically, "But I'm gonna go now."

"Me too. He seems pretty contagious right now..."Daehyun said, stepping behind Zelo as if he would block all of the germs from getting to him.

"Do you guys not love me enough to stay?" Yongguk frowned.

"Nah, that's what Jieun's for," Zelo opened the door and stepped out.

"See you guys later." Daehyun waved before following after Zelo.

"Well, I brought a face mask because I had enough of being sick." I said, putting on a pink mask that covered my nose and mouth. "I got you one too so you won't spread your germs as much," I took out the second mask and strapped the elastic bands over Yongguk's ears.

"Now lie down next to me too," Yongguk scooted over and motioned to the space beside him.

I shook my head vigorously, "No no no, I just recovered from my fever Yongguk. I don't want to get sick again."

"But when you were sick, I took care of you and did everything you asked me to," He pouted, trying to make me feel guilty.

I narrowed my eyes at him and sat on the edge of his bed with my arms crossed.

"Yah. I thought you said you loved me but you don't even want to sleep next to me."

I lightly pushed his shoulder, "What's the matter with you? Trying to guilt trip me." Everything I said sounded muffled due to my face mask.

"This is the highest fever I've ever had. I could die any second so we have to cherish every moment we have together." Yongguk said dramatically.

"You're too much." I started to spray disinfectant all over Yongguk and his bed before finally getting under the covers. "You're probably even more annoying when you're sick."

"Turn around and face me. We're wearing masks anyway so you won't get sick."

Once I turned around, Yongguk brought his hand behind my neck and kissed me. Well it wasn't a real kiss since both of our lips were covered with the mask but I still pushed him away.

"Yonggukkkkkk," I scolded while he tried to look innocent.

A/n* This is basically a fluffy filler cos I'm writing this at 4:45 in the morning because I randomly got a fever and but I can't go to sleep. So I decided to write about it LOL. This is probably the most spontaneous chapter i wrote for this book. If only I had Yongguk here as well hah!

Also read my Zelo fanfic. My little bb is so cute HAHA.