Chapter 5: The Party

I waited in the hallway for Yongguk to enter the school. If I was gonna ask him this favor, I didn't want our other classmates to know. Just my luck, once Yongguk walked into the school, his posse was following right behind him. Whatever, I might as well get it over with.

"Yongguk, hey," I walked up to him clutching my books. "Is it ok if I talk to you?"

Yongguk turned around smirked at his friends who were all giving him a thumbs up. "Sure, what did you want to talk about?" He put his arm around my waist and led me to a less crowded area of the hallway. I was close to pushing his hand off of me, but I needed his help.

"I wanted to ask a favor. Um, are you going to Nayeon's birthday party this weekend?"

"Depends."

I sighed and puffed my cheeks, "I was wondering if you would go with me?"

Yongguk's eyes widened and I could tell he was trying to hold back a smile. "What's with this sudden change of heart?"

"Well my mom wouldn't let me go, but when I said you were going and that you would pick me up, she said yes."

"Ah I see. So you're only using me, huh?" He chuckled and crossed his arms.

"Nevermind, it's alright. You don't have to help me." I turned around and started walking to class.

"No wait," Yongguk grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, "I'll help you out and pick you up...but you have to return the favor later on."

-

It was finally the night of the party and I was finishing up getting ready in my room. Yongguk texted me saying that he was on his way so I went downstairs to pick my shoes.

"Jieun! Look who's here," I looked over to my mom and saw a lady about her age standing right next to her. "It's Lim remember? She was in the neighborhood so I told her to stop by."

I awkwardly greeted mom's friend since it was so unexpected. The doorbell rang and mom didn't hesitate to answer it.

"Hey Jieun, are you ready?" I heard coming from the entrance.

"Yongguk come inside, there's someone I want you to meet," Mom forcefully pulled Yongguk into our house and stood him right in front of Lim. "Lim, this is Jieun's boyfriend, Bang Yongguk. He's so handsome right?"

Yongguk and I both looked at each other, then back to my mom, she was still boasting about my nonexistent relationship. "Wow Jieun, your boyfriend is almost as handsome as my daughter's boyfriend."

"Um it's nice to meet you," Yongguk shook Lim's hand and bowed.

"See, he's very polite like I said. He's the perfect boyfriend for my daughter."

"Um we have to go now," I wanted to pull Yongguk away from my mom's grasp before things got any weirder. This situation was already embarrassing enough.

"Oh alright Jieun, remember to have fun tonight. I'm not going to give you a curfew, so make sure Yongguk looks after you ok?"

A huge smirk appeared on Yongguk's face, "So you don't mind how late I bring her home?"

"I plan to be home before 10," I shot Yongguk a look and stepped outside without him.

-

"I'm going to go find Nayeon," I said once we entered the party. There was a ton of people there but her house was big enough to fit everyone.

"Alright let's go," Yongguk put his arm around me and I easily just flicked it off like a bug.

"It's ok, you don't have to follow me around at this party. You can go find your friends. I'll just text you when I want to leave." I weaved my way through the guests and finally found Nayeon. We hugged and I greeted her a happy birthday.

"Hey Jieun, so is it true? I heard that you came to this party with Bang Yongguk." Nayeon asked me while the girls from her class where listening as well.

"Aha noo, we just walked in at the exact same time."

"Really? I heard that you guys started going out though? You guys are like the class couple."

I saw the surrounding girls lean in closer so I had to think of my reply fast, "That's just a rumor."

"Oh good!" Nayeon's classmate breathed a sigh of relief, "So Yongguk is still single? I think he's so cute!"

"He is, isn't he? I wish I was in his class," another girl commented.

"Ew," I mumbled, "You really think he's cute?"

"Of course, don't you? We hear that he's always trying to hit on you. You're so lucky."

"Yongguk isn't Jieun's type. She likes good boys," Nayeon laughed.

-

Later I was at the snack table, trying to find something to eat. "Hey, I'm glad I know someone here." I looked up and saw Daehyun. He looked so cute in his button up and bow tie, I wanted to pinch his face or something. "I was planning to just isolate myself at the snack table."

"Are parties not really your thing?" I asked.

"No not really, but I thought that I should just go for the experience." He picked up a can and started drinking out of it.

"I didn't know that you drink alcohol." I was slightly shocked. I guess he wasn't completely innocent.

"What?! No wonder this tasted so weird," He grabbed a napkin and started rubbing his mouth. "That was the first time I drank alcohol."

I put my hand over my mouth to cover my laughter. Daehyun doesn't even have to try hard to make me laugh. I've said this a million times already, but he's just so cute.

"You think I'm cute?" I looked over at Daehyun and he had a curious look on.

Oh my god did I just say that out loud?

"Yeah...and you said that one out loud too." Daehyun pointed out again.

"S-sorry..." My palms began to get sweaty. I'm feeling lightweight embarrassed right now.

To my surprise, he laughed, "Don't be sorry, I actually think you're-"

"Daehyun!" A girl came up from behind and hugged Daehyun's waist. Um excuse you?

"Hyuna," Daehyun turned around and kissed her on the cheek. I was definitely missing something... "Jieun, you know Hyuna right?"

Hyuna and I both looked at each other and smiled. Well mine wasn't exactly a smile, but I did try to move my lips to make it look like I was happy to see her.

Daehyun was still talking to me but I couldn't really pay attention because the music was kinda loud and I was looking at his hand which was holding Hyuna's. But I was able to make out a few words that he said. Can you guess what they were? 'Hyuna and I started going out.'

A/n* and here is the second update today~ hmm is nayeon a common name in Korea? One of the former member of the girl group "Berry Good" is named Nayeon and I thought that name was soo cool.she was also my bias in that group too so I'm sad that she not in the group anymore