ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

You feel all eyes on you as you walk side by side with Neo.

"I hate this, why can't everything just return back to the way they were" you complain in annoyance.

"I don't know, but don't let it bother you"

The boy says bluntly with his hands in his pockets unbothered by the stares directed at him and you.

"The fact that you are the genderbend version of myself is still shocking, don't you wish to return to your universe?"

"And deal with Claude again? No"

You stop in your tracks and glare at Neo who also decides to stop because you stopped.

"You like that, don't you? You like how girls chase after you and act possessively over you" he smirks at you.

"Yes, don't deny it, you are also the same as me," he says, pointing at the middle of your chest

"You and I are one" You narrow your eyes, clutching your fists in anger.

"What about Narcissus?"

"What about him?"

"He is your best friend, do you not want to see him again"

Neo's smile drops.

"You don't know about what your best friend is? The fact that she is-" You cut him off.

"Please don't say what I think you are going to say"

You have read too many stories where the friend...

"Narcissa is a backstabber, she tells everything to Claudia and Veronica about you, she is the third mastermind in bullying you"

Hearing those words crushed your spirit.

"But she hit Claudia for me"

"It was all an act, just so Veronica can get away with injuring you"

Tears start blurring your vision.

Neo quickly hugs you, leading you away so you don't break down in the middle of the hallway.

"I can't believe that I trusted her"

"It's ok, at least you know that everyone can't be trusted"

The (h/c) haired boy smirks before continuing.

"You can trust only yourself"

Neo lies with ease, happy that his plan worked.

That will assure that If you return back to his universe, you won't trust nor like to be around Narcissus.

Huh, you should not trust yourself.

Because, in the end, Neo is you.

❀𑁍❀𑁍❀

"Wake up, please"

Narcissus mumble, as he sits beside your hospital bed, waiting for you to wake up and give him one of your beautiful cheerful smiles.

Your head injury caused you serious damage, you have been in a coma for three days.

The doctors said they should wake up any day now, but those three days feel like three years for him.

Deep down, Narcissus feels like something is wrong with him, due to the fact that he is starting to feel like something is wrong.

Like you are supposed to be a boy that he only considers as a best friend.

Little does he know that Claude is having the same thoughts as him.

The only difference is that Claude knows the truth.

But, he doesn't give a damn.