ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"Which universities are you going to apply to?" Narcissus inquires, as you both walk through the town near your school.

Apparently, today is a day off and you and your best friend decided to go shopping.

"I still haven't decided yet, but I think it doesn't matter, dad is going to pay anyways"

"What do you mean, it doesn't matter, of course it does...how about I help you choose?"

"Sure, why not"

Narcissus's eyes light up at the prospect of helping you choose.

He gives you a triumphant smile, already devising a plan for you to attend the same university as him and study the same field.

When you both walk into the shop, you see Claude already there with Vincent.

Both you and Narcissus turn around at the same time, ready to leave.

But Claude's voice stops the both of you.

"Look who we have here, didn't expect to see you shopping together"

Narcissus turns around forcing you to do the same.

"Nor did we expect you to see you with Vincent after the fight" Claude rolls his eyes, while Vincent finally speaks up.

"Friends fight sometimes"

Narcissus huffs and chuckles.

"Never happened to me and (Y/n)"

You give him a side eye, knowing that it is in fact a lie, but you would never admit that.

Yet, all of a sudden, you remember what Neo told you about Narcissa and how she is she plotting behind you with Claudia.

Neo planted the seed of doubt, and it is starting to grow inside you slowly, and your anxious thoughts are watering it.

"Yeah right" Claude states with disbelief.

"Narcissus is going to buy some clothes so if you will excuse us"

You say as you drag your friend over to the other side of the clothing section.

"The mood is ruined now that they are here"

You shook your head at your best friend in disagreement.

"No, it's not, just go try those on while I wait for you"

You hand him the t-shirts and jeans you picked for him and pushed him to the dressing room.

While waiting, you decide to sit on one of the cushions, waiting for Narcissus.

Claude walks over and sits beside you, crossing one leg over the other.

"I know your secret"

You look at him in fake confusion and lie.

"What secret? I don't have a secret to keep"

Claude picks up your left hand and places it on his raised knee, playing with your fingers as he slowly looks at you.

"You are not Neo, that's a fact I know and remember"

Your heart drops before Narcissus walks out of the dressing room in the new shirt.

"What do you think?" your friend asks, his eyes moving to your hand which is laying on Claude's knee.

Just when you were about to answer, Claude replies instead.

"You look hideous"