Chapter 2 - First Encounter

Kiyotaka Pov

That was exhausting.

I was walking towards my assigned class while thinking about attending the entrance ceremony. The principal and the students will say opening remarks and other stuff but I can feel that all of the students there was not even interested in that. But even if its such a pain in the butt, entrance ceremony is a crucial part that will decide about your 3 years in this school. If you ended up late entering, there's a possibility that you could end up being a loner or much worse. Because at that point, students will form groups within themselves and it can be a tough one if you were left behind. In order for students to enjoy their life at high-school, they must make friends, and there are only a few key days after the entrance ceremony to properly do that. Failure to do so means the beginning of a rather tragic three years.

What can I do to act like a normal student?

As someone who dislikes trouble, I decided I'd like to establish proper relationships. Unfamiliar with the notion, I'd spent the day before in preparation, running through different scenarios.

Maybe I can start by talking to people.

At such thought, I remembered my first interaction this morning.

This is going to be a tough one, Isn't it?

That black haired woman was clearly upset by me looking at her book. Imagine what would happened, if I started casually talking with someone with my awkward communication skills?

This is bad. In worse case scenario, I'll end up being a loner.

While thinking about such uncomfortable topic for me, I've arrived at the door of my classroom. There were only a few student present in the classroom so I was able to walked toward the seat that bore my nameplate located at the back of the room near the window with ease.

This is a cozy place. I'll definitely avoid trouble in here.

Feeling a bit relieved that I was at the back of the room, I inhaled the fresh air coming out from the window.

"Talk about bad luck. This is annoying."

While I was enjoying myself, I heard a voice coming out from the side of my table. When I looked around, I saw the same black haired girl seating next to me.

She's right. This is my worst luck ever.

"Goodmorning. Seems like we're going to be neighbors from now on."

I only received a silent glare coming from her and did not respond to my friendly approach.

What's wrong with her?

I instantly forgot about her when i sat down on my chair. I've been looking around the room and saw different types of students. There are ones that are smiling so broadly and the other one exudes an aura that says 'I want to be friends with you'.

What on earth are "friends," anyway? Where do friends come from?

Friends is a new concept for me. I've heard about it in that place but I've never experienced having friends first hand.

Trying to make friends is incredibly bothersome. Besides, don't human relationships tend to form naturally?

My thoughts was in utter disarray by the different scenarios running through my head. While I was contemplating about this subject the room was slowly getting filled with students from outside.