Chapter 5 - Rimuru's Resolve

AN: I feel motivated writing 2 chapters today so here it is. Enjoy

Rimuru Pov

Look at them. They're not even paying attention towards the teachers.

On the second day of class, I see students sleeping, talking with each other and playing around while the teacher was discussing our lesson. She didn't seemed to be bothered by it and it seems like she doesn't even care.

If this was happening in the Black Box, those students will probably face the worst punishment they can get.

I see the red haired guy name sudou sleeping soundly and that blond haired girl named Kei talking with her friends. I took a glance at Ayanokoji and it looks like he was feeling the same thing as me.

The teacher stopped talking after the alarm for lunch break was heard. Students began to clean up their table and preparing to leave the classroom. Some girls invited me for lunch but I politely declined all of their offer and just sat there.

"You're pathetic"

Out of nowhere, the girl named horikita silently mumbled but i clearly heard what she had said.

"What's pathetic?"

A confused voice of Ayanokoji replied to the words of horikita.

This is interesting.

I sharpened my hearing and focused on their conversation without them noticing it.

"I want someone to invite me for lunch too. That's what you're thinking right?"

"What are you a psychic?"

"No. Ayanokoji, you're thoughts are so obvious that it was almost laughable."

Poor guy. What do you think ciel? Should I invite him?

{That can cause problems Master but not for you atleast. You're only making his misery much more painful.}

That's true. Better keep listening for now.

"But you're alone too aren't you? Haven't you thought about having friends?"

"I'd prefer to be alone, ayanokoji. "

"Well if you say so."

When both of them are still talking, the blond boy named Hirata announced to the class.

"I'm going to the cafeteria, anyone wants to go with me?"

Like a merchandise on a display, multiple girls crowded hirata. But I noticed that Kiyo was slightly raising his hands but was unnoticed by hirata.

"How sad."

Horikita's voice does not emit any empathy towards Kiyo at all. Instead, I can feel her scornful smile directed towards him.

"Does anyone else want to go with us?"

Hirata gazed around the class, looking if there's still anyone who wants to join him. By the looks of it, there was no boys who approached him, just girls. I noticed that his gaze fell towards Kiyo and decides to call him out.

"Hey, Ayano..."

Before he can even finish his words, he was dragged out by the girls outside the class.

"Well then. Better luck next time I guess."

I looked around and saw horikita left the classroom too. Kiyo was sitting there looking like someone stole his food. I decided to approach him at that point.