Chapter 4 - Unexpected Meeting

Ayanokoji Pov

I thought things will be different, but apparently the entrance ceremony of this school was the same with every High school in Japan.

After leaving the classroom, all of us headed toward the hall were the entrance ceremony will be held. The principal gave a few greeting remarks towards us first years and also most freshmen did the same. It took a while but it was not something i find interesting.

When I left the hall, I decided to swing by the convenience store before going to my dorm to buy things that I will need. On my way there, I saw multiple groups of people headed to the karaoke and other students are just hanging out at the Café.

Man, they've got a lot of free time on their hands, don't they.

Silently muttered to myself, I walked slow as I enjoyed the view of the surroundings. There were a lot of entertainment in this place despite being secluded to the outside world. There is a karaoke where students who loves to sing can enjoy, an electronic store which most students who loves to buy the latest games hang out and also the Café, where most students spend their time chatting with each other.

I wonder if I will be able to learn how to talk with a friend. But I guess, I need to find a friend first.

I arrived at the store where a lot of items are displayed in different sections. I looked around and took what I need but unexpectedly I saw Horikita in there.

"What an unfortunate day."

She started with such a gloomy words.

"I guess you could say that."

"I meant that for you, idiot."

I only realized what she meant after remembering what happened earlier at my poor introduction in front of the class.

"That hurts a little. Anyway, did you need to buy something?"

Quickly changing the subject, I asked her a question in which she replied without anything hurtful.

“Yes, just a few things. I came to get some of my necessities. What about you?”

"Well I guess you could say we're both the same in this one."

There was no shortage of supplies in this school, but for a freshman who are going to be living alone inside a dorm, I guess it's necessary to buy things now, especially if you were a girl. I heard it can take them quite a while before deciding what items they're going to take so I think it's pretty normal seeing her here.

"I thought girls would choose the most expensive things when it comes to their needs like a shampoo."

When I looked at her shopping tray, I found that she was putting the most cheapest thing in it.

"Could you not look around my things without permission?"

It was my honest mistake so I apologize right away.

"Sorry."

"Forget about it."

Our conversation suddenly went at a halt and it was no longer moving. She just continued shopping and I did the same.

"Kiyotaka? Are you two on a date or something?"

Out of nowhere, I heard a voice Calling out on me at the entrance of the store. I looked around and saw rimuru waving her hands towards us.