Chapter 12 - Schemes and Plans

Rimuru Pov

Walking side by side, me and Kiyo head straight towards our dorms. It was almost dark and there's not a lot of students around. Thinking awhile back, it was seriously a funny experience dealing with kushida.

*{She was seriously surprised when I entered that room and started playing that tape huh.}

{She sure was. It was quite amusing.}

She found it amusing huh, that's new. I never thought that things like that would amuse her at all.

"Wouldn't that be a problem for you, Tempest-san?"

While I was at my thoughts, kiyo spoke to me while matching my walking pace.

"What do you mean?"

I looked at him and he also did the same.

"Kushida. She might try and do something harmful to you."

"Are you worried about me?"

He didn't respond and just looked away without a hint of change in his expression.

Avoiding the subject, he sure is cold, isn't he?

"There's no real reason for you to go that far for me. So why did you went out of your way and changed Kushida's sight towards you?"

Walking in the coldness of the surroundings, Kiyo asked me curiously. I took a deep breath and smiled at him.

"I guess you could say that I'm quite intrigued by her. And also, I can't just let my friend be threaten like that can I?"

There was a moment of silence. He didn't speak for a minute as we continued to walk.

"I'm glad that you see me as your friend, Tempest-san. For a guy like me, it's great to have someone like you to help me out."

What a con artist. You're not fooling me with that. Well, I guess I could play along.

I stopped on my tracks and he also did the same. He looked at my face with his usual expression without saying anything.

"You really think so? Kiyo, is that really how you feel?"

"Yes. Ever since I entered this school, I wondered if I could ever have someone to call my friend. But I never thought that it would happen sooner than I think."

I sense a little bit of truth behind his word. But I think that's not really the reason why he wants to have something like friendship.

"Is that so? So do you consider me as your friend?"

"I guess you could say that."

I instantly slapped his back shoulder while giving him a genuine smile and said.

"Well then. If thats the case, you can call me anytime. Don't hesitate to call me if you're having troubles. I'll always lend you a hand."

"I see. Thank you. I'll be counting on you from now on."

You liar. Well I guess that goes for both of us.

"Anyway Kiyo, about kushida what do you think we should do about her?"

"Beats me, I don't have a clue. I think we could try being careful when we're around her.

He doesn't seem concern about it too much so I changed the subject.

"It's kinda funny isn't it? It's amazing how she kept that facade this long. I wonder if anyone else found out about her true personality though."

"That's rather hard to say."