Chapter 8 - Revelation and Despair

Rimuru Pov

First day of May but the atmosphere in the class was far different than when I first entered this school. But the student's conduct did not change and they still continued to laze around the class.

Look at them. They're completely oblivious about what's truly happening huh. Kiyo might have a suspicions about it but he still didn't know the full thing.

In the past weeks, kiyo have been hanging around with his new friends which was fine by me. I've been observing other students from different classes and found out many interesting individuals so I was also pretty busy in those times.

*{Ciel. It looks like Arisu-Chan is right, huh?}

{It would appear so. But Master already knew about it before that girl gave you the information.}

*{Yes that's true. I just wanted to make sure that this school is not filled by incompetent students who cannot even take a hint, that's all.}

{I see. If thats the case, there's a lot of other interesting students in this school other than the Masterpiece. I would suggest to  Master that he start making friends with them.}

*{I will. And I bet it's gonna be fun.}

FLASH BACK

After leaving the student council I encountered a girl sitting on a bench near the student council room. She has a small figure but her aura was imposing such superiority in which caught my attention. I then approached the little girl due to my curiosity and began a friendly conversation with her.

"Good afternoon. You're waiting for someone?"

"Yes actually. I have an appointment with the student council president and I wanted to hear his opinion about something on my mind."

Opinion about something huh. I wonder what's that about.

She wore a calm expression and didn't show any feelings of disgust when I approached her.

"I see. My name is Rimuru Tempest, I'm from Class D. What's your name?"

"Sakayanagi Arisu. What can I do for you Tempest-san?"

Her words was conveyed to me in an elegant manner, showing that she's not someone to be belittled despite her situation. I noticed that she have a cane on her side in which I assumed that she have an illness or something.

For a school who wants a highly capable student, it seems like they also don't discriminate students who have disabilities in here.

This school boast about being the best school, and only few selected individuals who have the talents and gifts can ever enter this facility. So it surprised me to see a girl with such physical disadvantage studying in here.

"Nothing much. I just saw you sitting here and I was also headed in this direction so I thought I might as well say hi."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Do you mind if I sit here for a bit?"

With her short reply I tried to be more forceful to continue our conversation. She didn't seem dissatisfied by my question and just tapped the side of the bench.

"I don't. Here take a seat."

"Thanks."

With her agreement, I then sat down next to her. I can feel that she's someone special by how she conduct herself which makes me curious even more.