Chapter 16 - Strategic Plans

Kiyotaka Pov

After meeting up with rimuru, we then started discussing what we are going to do about the situation. Horikita was still displeased with Rimuru's presence but thankfully, she didn't voiced out her thoughts.

"So, may I ask you guys what happened during that trial?"

Rimuru opened up a conversation and asked both of us with a concern look on her face.

"It didn't went well. I thought that we might get an upper hand against them because we have a witness but it didn't work as we thought it should."

I said to her with my expressionless face and I think that my answer satisfied her.

"Well that's a bad news. So what are you going to do now?"

She asked but before i could answer, Horkita spoke first.

"That's what I'd like to find out myself Tempest-san. Because you are really interested on butting yourself in when no one even asked you to, then would you mind telling us your thoughts that might help us find a solution to this problem."

Those words are glazed with contempt but no one would notice it if they didn't know that horikita is feeling a bit jealous about her. Rimuru noticed this action and I can sense that she's trying her best to ignore it.

"I have my opinion about the matter and I think this would be highly valuable to you guys."

She said with a proud tone. She did not even acknowledge Horikita's spiteful words earlier and just smiled.

"We will be the judge of that."

Horkita said in a condescending tone which made rimuru stopped for a moment.  I'm having a hard time finding out the best possible solution to mitigate the tension but it looks like the fire only got intense.

"Fufufufu. Is that so? Well I don't care if you disagree but I know for sure that Manabu-senpai would think otherwise."

Hearing her brother's name being mentioned, Horikita's expression darkened as she stared towards Rimuru.

"Don't you dare mention my brother casually. I know he's been giving you privileges which I think you didn't even deserve so don't get that to your head."

She said in a low intimidating voice but it looks like rimuru was not even bothered by it. I was impressed by the dominating aura that Horikita is showing but seeing Rimuru's nonchalant expression makes me rethink my judgement about her.

"I see. Fuahahaha. Is that why you're always angry at me? Oh don't worry, I don't plan on taking your big brother away from you. Besides, it looks like he doesn't even want to be lumped in with you at all."

Horikita began showing a sour expression as she faced rimuru. I on the other hand, kept my mouth shut so that I can observe how things would end up in the time being.

"I'll make my brother acknowledge me no matter what and there's nothing you can do to stop that. So you better watch your back Tempest-san if you don't want to get hurt."

Even with the blatant threat rimuru was unfazed. I wonder if it really didn't bother her or maybe she's just trying to hide her nervousness.

"Well I don't care what your goals are. But let me tell you something, if you keep antagonizing me then your hopes of reaching class A will never succeed."

Horikita then gave me a side eye with a hint of annoyance.

I didn't talk to her about that. So why are you looking at me with that face?